This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

v5.0 sensors disconnected

Yesterday I had my first long ride after updating my 530 to v5.0. Two main issues:

After 1h all my sensors were lost and after a few seconds all of them came back online.

A few moments after that, my cadence stuck at 60rpm.

Specialized Speed Zone (cadence + speed) + Wahoo HR TICKR.

• Check the batteries in your sensors for starters.

• Similar problem here, never had an issue connecting to sensors before. First ride on 5.0 (Indoor) I had problems with: 

- Wahoo Tickr

- FSA Powerbox

- Elite Direto

All three sensors would randomly disconnect briefly during the ride and reconnect moments afterwards. . 

• I have the same problem. On ride my Trek DuoTrap with speed and cadence sensor disappear, battery is new. Garmin HR work all time. All on the ANT+.

• Same thing happened to me: the value of my cadence sensor was stalled on the Edge 530. I had to go to the status page on the device, go to sensors, go to the cadence sensor, and disable it and then re-enable it. After that, the edge picked up the values received from the sensor again. It happened a few times

• All sensors have fresh new battery

• after upgrading to firmware v5.0.  My heart rate symbol on edge 530 headunit just flashed on and off.    I had to disable/enable my heart rate sensor and select 'connect' for it to get picked up correctly so the symbol stayed lit.     I had renamed my sensors so not sure if that is related to it.

• Similar problem here on last few long rides. All sensors and phone disconnect. Phone (BT) and Stages Powermeter reactivates after a few seconds. HRM and Campag EPS dont restart while ride is active. Only after pause ride and putting unit to sleep, waiting a few seconds then power on does all sensors register again

• I am also having frequent ant+ dropouts. It happens on almost every ride. When it happens all sensors drop out at the same time, stages PM, Garmin HR and Garmin Varia. If I save and then restart my edge 530 all sensors are found again. this is with fresh batteries in the HR and PM sensors and fully charged Varia. Having the Varia drop out is dangerous when you’re used to having it warn you of traffic approaching from behind. I see this has been happening to others for quite a while with no resolution. 
    please address this ASAP Garmin

• I found that my Stages was connect via BT. I changed it to ANT+. 2 rides since, no drop outs. Still need to test on 4+ hour rides

• Same issue here with stages power meter. Disabling and enabling the sensor from the settings got it back up and running.