This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot Pair Edge 530 with iPhone 11 Pro w/iOS 13.0

Hello!

I upgraded from an iPhone X to iPhone 11 Pro and am having trouble pairing my Edge 530 with my new phone. I am able to get the initial bluetooth connection authorized on my phone, but the app fails at completing setup. 

I've tried the following to remedy the issue (note that I forgot the Edge 530 from my phone before trying each step):

1. Restarted both the phone and Edge 530 unit. Attempted installation
  2. Disabled bluetooth on the phone, force restarted the phone, turned it on, re-enabled bluetooth and attempted installation again
  3. Disabled bluetooth on the 530, disabled bluetooth on phone, re-enabled on both and attempted installation

I've run into quite a few bugs in iOS 13, so I'm not sure if the issue lies on the phone side or somewhere in the Garmin app (or a mixture of both). I haven't tried to reset my network settings yet, but that may be the next course of action.

Anyone else running into this problem?

• I have just installed beta 4.21 and can now connect to my iPhone 11. Previously had the same issues as reported above.

I did have to make sure on the iPhone i had clicked 'Forget this device' on an exitsing Bluetooth connection for my Garmin 530, before starting the pairing process fresh.

• I had the same problem with my 735xt. I just updated the Garmin app on my iPhone 11, restarted both phone and watch and the pairing worked flawlessly. It didn't sync after pairing, though. I restarted the append it seems to be working OK now. 

• Yeah....I’ve upgraded to iPhone 11 and definitely having frustrations trying to connect my 530. It did work but the software seems to have changed over the last week. Currently....I’ve tried everything you have with no success and cannot upload rides using iPhone 11. However it worked first time when I went back to my old iPhone 7 and added the device :-(

• This was fixed in the latest SW update (5.00).