This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot Pair Edge 530 with iPhone 11 Pro w/iOS 13.0

Hello!

I upgraded from an iPhone X to iPhone 11 Pro and am having trouble pairing my Edge 530 with my new phone. I am able to get the initial bluetooth connection authorized on my phone, but the app fails at completing setup. 

I've tried the following to remedy the issue (note that I forgot the Edge 530 from my phone before trying each step):

1. Restarted both the phone and Edge 530 unit. Attempted installation
  2. Disabled bluetooth on the phone, force restarted the phone, turned it on, re-enabled bluetooth and attempted installation again
  3. Disabled bluetooth on the 530, disabled bluetooth on phone, re-enabled on both and attempted installation

I've run into quite a few bugs in iOS 13, so I'm not sure if the issue lies on the phone side or somewhere in the Garmin app (or a mixture of both). I haven't tried to reset my network settings yet, but that may be the next course of action.

Anyone else running into this problem?

• Maybe you still have a Wifi connection. So you retrieve your Strava routes direct and not via your phone.

It looks like the problem is reproducible and it is a iphone 11 (pro/max), issue. Hope Garmin will soon release a software patch..

• Updated both iOS on the iPhone 11 Pro and Garmin app released today (9/27) and I still can't get past the 2nd part of set up. Tried the suggestions above, but still getting stuck. Luckily, I can still connect via Wifi.

• Same problem here, cannot get Bluetooth to connect with my iPhone 11 Pro Max, both devices fully updates

• Okay, I managed to get these to connect.

I spent half an hour in a chat session with Garmin support who had me basically delete most of the stuff on my gaming (to no effect so don't bother).

Then after a few more tries, I deleted the Garmin app, rebooted both devices, reinstalled the Garmin app.

Then it still failed but I didn't click retry but went back one step and manually selected the Edge 1030.

Interestingly I still had a the BT pairing in the phone and I know this because I now have 2x Edge 1030 connected.

This time when I went through trying to pair, I selected the Edge 1030 as normal but it didn't ask me about pairing on the phone, the Garmin suddenly popped up a notification that the iPhone wanted to pair with it. If you see this then I think (for some reason) it's going to work as it immediately went to the "completing setup" screen and I'm connected.

I have no idea how I would replicate this other than try to pair, fail, click back and manually select the Garmin rather than the automatic selection.

GARMIN: You need to release a fix, you should have tested this before release!

• This worked! I modified a little bit. 

1. I deleted Garmin Connect and unpaired the Edge from the failed pairing 
    2. Restarted the iPhone and the Edge
    3. Reinstalled Garmin Connect
    4. Accepted all requests for Bluetooth access and notifications 
    5. Skipped auto pairing sequence and manually selected Edge 530
    6. Failed the first time through. Immediately attempted again.
    7. SUCCESS

Looks like it might be an issue with the auto pairing sequence within the app or iPhone integration 

• No succsess :-(. I have the same problem, iPhone 11 Pro V. 13.1.1 - Edge 530 V4.1 and 1030 V 8.0 can not be paired!

• I tried about 50 times or so.  Eventually It connected. Not sure what did the trick. I’m almost thinking it’s luck based 

• After testing this about 20 times last night to see what would work and what would not, I came to the conclusion that this pairing process is completely random. If you're lucky, it may take you a couple of times to get GCM to pair with the Edge 530. If you're unlucky like , it may take you 50 times!

• I have the same problem iPhone11PRO iOS 13.1.2 and Edge 530 - not possible to connect even it looks like connected?

Hey Garmin, can you help us or should we return your gadgets to shops and move to competitors products?

• Has anyone tried the new beta 4.21, which seems to address issue related to this:

"- Fixed an issue with pairing to iPhone 11."

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-530/194472/new-edge-530-public-beta-4-21-now-available