This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot Pair Edge 530 with iPhone 11 Pro w/iOS 13.0

Hello!

I upgraded from an iPhone X to iPhone 11 Pro and am having trouble pairing my Edge 530 with my new phone. I am able to get the initial bluetooth connection authorized on my phone, but the app fails at completing setup. 

I've tried the following to remedy the issue (note that I forgot the Edge 530 from my phone before trying each step):

1. Restarted both the phone and Edge 530 unit. Attempted installation
  2. Disabled bluetooth on the phone, force restarted the phone, turned it on, re-enabled bluetooth and attempted installation again
  3. Disabled bluetooth on the 530, disabled bluetooth on phone, re-enabled on both and attempted installation

I've run into quite a few bugs in iOS 13, so I'm not sure if the issue lies on the phone side or somewhere in the Garmin app (or a mixture of both). I haven't tried to reset my network settings yet, but that may be the next course of action.

Anyone else running into this problem?

• I have the same problem with an Iphone 11 and the Edge 1030. Running newest software on both devices. Typical Garmin!

• I had the same issue on iOS 13 beta with my iPhone X. The setup process in the last step failed in the Garmin app and the app crashed. I can not 100% remember what helped. 

Try to do the following:

• Go in the phone settings on the Edge Device(arrow up on the main screen-->phone) and delete the iPhone from the list. 
    • Go into the iOS bluetooth settings and click on both Garmin Edge bluetooth connections and press ignore. 
    • Open the Garmin Connect iOS App and click "More"-->"Garmin Devices". If there is a Garmin Edge device already in the list, delete it. 
    • Start the setup process for a new Garmin Device in the Garmin Connect iOS App ("More"-->"Garmin Devices") and if the bluetooth window pops up, go on the Garmin Edge in the device phone settings and press "Pair Smartphone"
  • I’ve managed to get it to pair after a bunch of times of deleting the profiles and retrying etc. But text messages do not go through on the Edge 530 console at all

• Yes. Same issue (11Pro + ios13.1, Edge 830) final step fails.

Garmin 935 + ios13.1 _iphone 11 Pro, no issues

Fresh install on (X+ios12), no problems... 

I think we have to wait/hope for a bug fix release from Garmin (ahum)

• Do you have an iphone 11 (pro/max)?

• Have you guys read through and tried these suggestions?

Specifically Bluetooth Sharing?

forums.garmin.com/.../attn-ios-users-with-issues-after-updating-to-ios-13

• IPhone 11 pro

way how I got it to connect was to do the usual pairing step and press cancel on the iPhone. Then try again cancel. Then try again pair

but I’m sure the pairing is bugged because ever since it’s been paired things don’t seem to work properly anymore. IE. can’t get messages on my garmin through the iPhone. Garmin Vector 3s not connecting to the head unit properly anymore (takes five minutes to connect now).  Rides don’t auto upload to my phone unless the head unit is connected to wifi. I think it probably has something to do with either iOS 13 communication to Edge 530 or the actual iPhone 11 pro architecture is different 

• Updated iOS 13.1 and still having same issues

• Also upgrade to 13.1. No success. I think the iPhone 11 (Pro / Max) is the problem. I hope Garmin can fix this (Edge) problem soon.

• I'm having the same issue, iPhone 11 on iOs 13.1, constantly get to the pairing screen after confirming the code is the same before getting an error message.

Phone seems to have connected to the Edge as I can access Strava routes via the device app but will not pair via Garmin Connect.