This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Has the navigating by Course Points been removed?

I replaced my Edge from 520 to 530 (for ASIA ver 2.90).

I think that navigating function does not use Course Points data. Navigation is based on each map data isn't it?
I found this behavior in Audax ride.

Edge 530 acts following when using Turn By Turn navigation with TCX file which includes cue sheet data by Ride with GPS.
- Approaching a turning point when Guide Text on Map screen displays road name which seems registered in internal map.
- Data Fields "Next Pt. Location" displays same text.
- A name of Course Point is only displayed on pop-up when just arriving a location of a Course Point.

Does 530 have navigation by Course Points like 520?
Current navigation does not fit to my Audax ride.

• This is a sad report for you.

If off the Turn Guidance, approaching alert and its popup and guidance label on map and the item "Next Pt. Location" do not work.

And more a course point name is displayed only for popup when I arrive at the point. It is not displayed before approaching the point.

If the Turn Guidance on, 530 works as the top of this topic. The Data Field "Next Pt. Location" displays next turning point name as dpawlyk said.

This shows that Edge 530 has become useless for us.

• I have never known the form. I will send an idea to Garmin.

Thank you for your follow-up!

• Knowing about it might not be any more effective than not knowing about it (Unfortunately).

• That is disappointing, I never used 80% of the features on the 520 and wouldn't have used 95% of the 530 features but the one thing on the 520 I used all the time they have removed from the 530. Wonder how long I can keep the 520 going, the elevation & temperature has already gone but I can live without that, otherwise it still works well, I still get near 20 hours runtime because I turn off most of the battery intensive functions and it never crashes because the processor doesn't have too much to do.

i too will make some noise to Garmin but am not optimistic they will act

• They created a but where they mix course points and turn points. The data fields should be course points only, those that you create on the Connect site when you edit the route. The navigation points should not show, they are available as part of the turn guidance. A few months ago in an update they broke that separation and now everybody is confused and frustrated =.