This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Turning of turn by turn navigation on a Course

Anyone know if you can turn off turn by turn navigation on a saved course? I find it really annoying that it pops up with the map, when on a climb, with ClimbPro running. UK roads and climbs have all sorts of roads branching off and changes in road names. I know you can press a button to remove the map, when it pops up but that is not easy when in mid climb, Vo2Max.

• Thank you so much for this. There is another bug I noticed - While riding with my GoPro on a chest mount and using the .gpx data for overlays in VirbEdit I realised that my Speed sensor data paused whenever the Navigation prompt screen popped up. I have changed my settings to Text Only now and hope that fixes the glitch. The last thing you'd want in a Ride Vlog is to have your Speed data frozen repeatedly whenever a Turn prompt comes up. 

• Thank you so much for this information. I am learning that there seems to be multiple levers to turn on/off to make this stupid thing work as expected. I now am able to see TBT text in the head unit after "stumbling" across all of the different levers to pull. I will still be contacting Garmin Tech Support today to have a candid discussion as to why the 830 User Manual says "little to nothing" about exactly what to do to get this functionality...

• Don’t be afraid to experiment with different settings to test their effect. I’ve found it useful to create a short test course near home and ride it with different settings to better understand them and work out what suits me. It is time well spent.

• thtas a great idea...

• From Garmin Tech Support;

By turning on the "MAP" option Instead of "text Only" - was the only thing changed and now it functions as expected.
    Garmin could not give me an answer as What Text Only really means.

Happy to have it working!

Thanks all for the feedback and advice...