This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain when off

My garmin Edge 530 is losing approx 1.5% per day when off. I use the power off button and it is not in sleep mode while doing this.  One time it lost over 10% in 30 minutes. The strange thing is it drains faster when off and when I'm choosing the option vs when I'm using it as a GPS on the bike the battery drain is reasonable. Anyone know how to solve or experience anything similar?

• Recently the battery drained 10% in about 20 minutes when I was adjusting settings.

I have auto brightness on

timer 15 sec backlight

bluetooth connected

Really disappointed.

• Same Problem on my Edge 830...

• Also experiencing big battery drain it drains about 1-2% a day when off and recently drained 10 percent after an hour and a half ride.

Settings

auto brightness

backlight 15 seconds

heart rate monitor connected

• having similar issues. Also totally drains mid ride. Very frustrating. Returning to get my money back. Very disappointed in Garmin.

• having similar issues. Also totally drains mid ride. Very frustrating. Returning to get my money back. Very disappointed in Garmin.

• My Garmin 830 seems to have the same problem, yesterday I turned it off at 80 percent, and today when I turned it on it was only 78 percent.
    I'm going to watch it closely now.
    It's very frustrating especially with the very quiet beep sound. I should have stayed with my Wahoo Bolt.

• It seems to be okay now.

1. Charge to 100% as you did before
    2. Once at 100%, power cycle the Edge
      1. hold power key to get power off menu, then select “power off”; then use power key to turn back on
    3. Is battery percentage still reported as ~100%?
    4. If yes, then power down unit and let sit overnight
    5. In the morning, power up the unit with power key and look what the percentage is.
  • I have noticed that even if you power off (long press, then select power off), if you plug the unit into USB power, it powers back up.  If you then power it off again, when you unplug it, it powers back up.  It is highly annoying that it keeps powering back up like this.  I have had many occasions (today for example), where I've charged the unit, but it is fully discharged when I'm ready to go on a ride.  I never had this type of problem with my old Edge 800.  Off was off and it stayed off.  Garmin really should fix this.

• This might seem obsessive but i do keep my 530 in the fridge. My theory is that the cooler temps will better preserve the battery. These things don't last forever - the battery like us human dies over time. So i'll do anything to prolong it's life.