Battery drain when off

My garmin Edge 530 is losing approx 1.5% per day when off. I use the power off button and it is not in sleep mode while doing this.  One time it lost over 10% in 30 minutes. The strange thing is it drains faster when off and when I'm choosing the option vs when I'm using it as a GPS on the bike the battery drain is reasonable. Anyone know how to solve or experience anything similar?

Parents
  • I have noticed that even if you power off (long press, then select power off), if you plug the unit into USB power, it powers back up.  If you then power it off again, when you unplug it, it powers back up.  It is highly annoying that it keeps powering back up like this.  I have had many occasions (today for example), where I've charged the unit, but it is fully discharged when I'm ready to go on a ride.  I never had this type of problem with my old Edge 800.  Off was off and it stayed off.  Garmin really should fix this.

• I have noticed that even if you power off (long press, then select power off), if you plug the unit into USB power, it powers back up.  If you then power it off again, when you unplug it, it powers back up.  It is highly annoying that it keeps powering back up like this.  I have had many occasions (today for example), where I've charged the unit, but it is fully discharged when I'm ready to go on a ride.  I never had this type of problem with my old Edge 800.  Off was off and it stayed off.  Garmin really should fix this.

Children