This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain when off

My garmin Edge 530 is losing approx 1.5% per day when off. I use the power off button and it is not in sleep mode while doing this.  One time it lost over 10% in 30 minutes. The strange thing is it drains faster when off and when I'm choosing the option vs when I'm using it as a GPS on the bike the battery drain is reasonable. Anyone know how to solve or experience anything similar?

• When i switch mine off at 95%.....and switch it on again 1 week later - it's still 95%. Keeping it in the fridge is good for the batteries.

• I’ve had the same problem multiple times now, very annoying. Charged in the evening for big ride next day, only to find empty battery in the morning. 
    Had to ride with usb power bank and Edge 530 in back pocket  

Happened on version 5.10. updated to the 5.28 beta, it said something about this issue in the changelog. 

• seems like it pops off a warning and then never goes to sleep.  I can't seem to turn off heat acclimation and weather warnings.  battery dies if I don't manually turn off.

• +1.  My edge 530 started draining battery while turned off in last couple of weeks. No problems when unit is in use. Really frustrating, please fix this garmin. 

• Good luck everyone. With no response from Garmin, I returned mine for a complete refund. Switched to Wahoo. No issues. Works fine.

• My Garmin Edge 530 was only a month old and the battery started draining all power overnight after being charged 100%. Because Garmin support is closed on weekends, I called me bike shop and they told me to bring it back and will exchange it for me. It would not even charge up when plugged back into my iMac. So hopefully the replacement will be okay. I have 3 riding buddies that have them and they are not experiencing any battery problems.

• Hello! I've the same problem with my new edge 530. Firmware 7.0 i've made a factory reset of device. 100 % charged turn off all: GPS, sensors, WIFI, BT, activate battery save and turn off correctly (no sleep). The device on after 24h and it was 89% battery? anyone knows to solve? Thanks