This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Understanding ClimbPro on the Edge - updated for build 5.50

I thought it would be helpful to write-up how ClimbPro works on the Edge. 

This write-up is based on the recent 5.50 software release.

New in Build 5.50 is

Estimated time to the top of the climb

Understanding ClimbPro on the Edge V1.9.pdf

• @aweatheral But if you go to the App Store Strava state it’s no longer supported?

The Strava Routes app is no longer supported. For more information on how to Sync your Strava Routes to your Garmin Device, visit Strava Support at https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000919304. ‘

• You need to be a subscriber to strava summit or whatever they call it for the routes to sync.

If you are referring to the strava ciq that sunset a while back along with ridewgps, komoot for route sync. Star, pin, etc and they automatically go to the courses. Strava you need to sub as I mentioned earlier. 

• Yes I am a summit member and understand the position as you do however if you had read aweatherals comments above you would understand I’m querying his advising to use Strava routes app which they say is done?

• Of course I have the same problem with Strava app not working on the device, but what I did is - when the route was copied over to Garmin in the "new way", I made a "copy" through GC web site. From there on I synced the coped route to the 530 and voila - elevation was correct, ClimbPro was working great on 7 out of 8 climbs. The one that did not work well was my "favorite" combination, where there was a direction change popup at the very end of the climb, and as per my previous posts it just crashed. Restart, reload, all good for the rest of the climbs. Hope Garmin will address this soon... 

But I am digressing. Hope you find the workaround helpful.

• what about the old fashioned way.    Export Strava route as TCX file.    Plugin Garmin using USB.   Copy TCX file to the newfiles folder?     ClimbPro worked for me at the weekend but I didn't check accuracy of data as person above.

• The Strava Route app is fixed, but requires that a new version be loaded to the Edge,

• So, to be clear, everyone is experiencing big elevation issues with Strava routes? Is there any ETA for a fix? I just loaded the beta and it’s not fixed in that and isn’t pulling all my starred routes (just three random ones). 

• just export as TCX from strava.  copy to device via USB.   elevation is fine.     I was under the impression the issue was with GC and not Strava Routes app.

• That good I much prefer the App to waiting for starred routes to come thro and the elevation data seems correct this way. So is the app now supported once more going forward - very confusing?

• Does that also solve the issue that only a subset of the starred segments that show up in Strava and the connect preview really trigger as live segments?
    I am talking about non-downhill segments of course.
    Could be that those are were mistaken as having a downhill part due to the wrong elevation and do not trigger because of that.
    Or is the problem still present ?