This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ride upload issue while connected to WiFI and Bluetooth after updating to SW 3.50

I am also having this issue. It will NOT upload a saved ride via Bluetooth but will via WiFi. I use live track for the wife and it is just making more work for me to manually turn off wifi then do the ride with live track, then get home and disable bluetooth and perform the upload on WiFi. I'm on 3.50, express says up to date.

Any updates with this? 

• we are having exactly the same issue. Garmin Edge 530 version 3.50, IOS 12.3.1. The ability to download rides stopped at the same time we upgraded to 3.50! 

• Same issue with my Edge 530 and iPhone XS. since 3.50, I wasn't able to sync any activities over the phone/ Bluetooth or wifi. Only with Garmin Express connected with USB. Very annoying.
    I deleted my phone from my Edge, deleted the Edge from my phone, reconfigured everything and nothing changed.

• Upgrade to 3.57 Beta and still unable to upload my rides over my iPhone! Disappointed

But the last ride was able to upload over wifi, which is an improvement..

• Same here. 830 running FW 4.10. 

• I still can't save a ride with BT.  Not automatically or if I try to force the save.  I don't try to sync manually as it typically doesn't and then sucks my phone battery down.  I've removed and repaired after 4.10.  If I save a ride it normally syncs when I get home but I assume that's using my WIFI.  I sometimes have to kill GC and restart it.  I always works with a wired connection to my PC but I haven't had to do that.

I'm not sure the phone is even connected.  I don't get disconnect errors.  I get the initial connect message when I start the 830 and sometimes a few notifications.  But once I start riding I no longer get he sharp turn warnings that I was getting and I think I get notifications on my watch for SMS but not on the 830.  Honestly when I'm riding I don't pay too much attention to that.

My sensors stay connected and the navigation seems to work well.  GPS as well.  Just the BT connection.

• Another one to join the post on connection either busy or rides not uploading in Garmin Connect from the Edge 530. I first had the problem with 3.5 and still carried over to 4.1 it appears there is a battle raging between he WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity and the WiFi always wins effectively booting the Bluetooth connection to fail the sync ever time it is attempted. I did find some long winded ways around the connectivity issue but I wont be happy if this remains like this for too long, as of now this is my interim solution maybe it might work for others. Garmin this needs to be fixed please.

1) Close the Garmin connect app on your phone

2) On your Edge 530 make sure you have WiFi connected and then go to History and upload all new rides

3) Disconnect WiFi on your Edge 530, and soft power off your device so it wont try using Bluetooth to your phone.

4) Open Garmin Connect app on your phone, the app will download the data from the web instead of over Bluetooth.

Hope it helps, I should have mentioned my Fenix5 WiFi does not suffer the same issue works with both connection on all the time.

• Someone posted that BT save was failing because it was fighting with WIFI and suggested disabling WIFI.  So I disabled WIFI and started my ride.  First thing was that my speed and cadence sensors were not connected.  I went into the sensor screen and manually connected them.  This worked.  When I finished the ride I saved it.  But it didn't upload.  I opened GC on my iPhone and went to the list of Garmin devices.  I just saw the running man and the battery decreasing on my phone.  I killed GC and restarted it.  The ride uploaded immediately.  My impression is that it lost the BT connection, though it doesn't report it.  Maybe because there are two?

The other thing strange is that this is the second time I disabled WIFI and lost sensor connections.  Otherwise, the sensor connections have been solid.  

One cool thing is that I ran into construction detours this morning and ended up a bit lost.  The 830 got me on the right course.  I'm generally happy with this device as a replacement for my 800.  I hope Garmin sorts out this BT connection soon. 

• Same issue. Extremely frustrating. I have nearly thrown the device off my balcony several times. I plan on returning it very shortly unless the problem is fixed because this basically amounts to a defect.

The product clearly doesnt work as advertised. I suggest we all do the same and switch to the Elemnt, which in my experience is seamless, does what it says on the box.

• I am having the same issue. Incredibly frustrating. I nearly threw the device off the balcony several times. I plan on returning it within a week unless problem is fixed PROPERLY.

i suggest we all return our devices as defective and demand a refund. The product does not work as described. Shameful. 

• It now seems that it's not related to WIFI proximity.  Whether there is WIFI around or not, I can't save and upload the ride unless I close GC on my phone and reopen it.  This makes me wonder if BTE is actually connected.  I know a couple times when I restarted GC it came up saving the ride and also sending notifications to the phone.

I never get disconnect errors that I'm aware of.  And since I'm usually in my user screen with speed/cadence etc. I don't see any status.