This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ride upload issue while connected to WiFI and Bluetooth after updating to SW 3.50

I am also having this issue. It will NOT upload a saved ride via Bluetooth but will via WiFi. I use live track for the wife and it is just making more work for me to manually turn off wifi then do the ride with live track, then get home and disable bluetooth and perform the upload on WiFi. I'm on 3.50, express says up to date.

Any updates with this? 

• I'm on 3.5 as well and can't get my rides to upload via bluetooth either.

• I'm on 3.50 as well and my 830 won't find/connect to the phone via BLE.  The only way I find that will allow a BLE connection is to bring up GC that's running in the background.  If I don't bring GC to the foreground the 830 won't connect to the phone automatically.  Very frustrating.  My 520 has no such issue.  Would like Garmin to acknowledge that this is a bug.

• I created this to follow users experiencing a problem Syncing/Uploading data to the Garmin Connect app after the SW 3.50 update. Could you please indicate if you have removed and re-paired the Edge 530 with your mobile phone after the update to SW version 3.50?

• Hi Matthew, yes, I 1) upgraded to 3.50, 2) removed the 830 on my phone, 3) removed the 830 on GC, and 4) re-paired the 830 using 'add device' under GC.  Upon powering up the 830 it will say 'searching' but never find the phone until I manually bring up the GC app. which is always running in the background.  With my 520 as soon as I power it up it will find/connect to the phone.  I leave my phone in the garage when I ride.  Upon returning home the 830 will still say 'searching' but never find the phone.  With my 520 upon returning home it finds/connects to the phone automatically with my phone sitting on a desk in the garage.  Then the ride is automatically uploaded after I saved the ride.  Please pass this along to the engineering team.  My phone is the iPhone 6 Plus running the latest iOS (12.3.1).  My GC is on the latest version (4.20.0.14).  Thank you.

• I’m still having this issue, but so were other Garmin users on 1030s and 810s. We all have the newest firmware for our devices.

Out of 5 Garmin users I was the only one who managed to get my ride to upload after a lot of messing about (30 mins or so). The others gave up.

4 people on the ride had Wahoos and they all uploaded their rides within 30s.

Bit of a joke really.

• I seem to have a problem syncing my saved ride but only when my 830 is in range of my wifi.  If I do a ride starting away from home I can save the ride at the end and it seems to work flawlessly.  But I started commuting this past week and if I save the ride when I get to my driveway the save works but it doesn't sync.  In this case, I can usually open the app on my phone and it will then sync.  Once or twice I've had to power the 830 off and on.

Syncing the ride seems to always work if I plug the 830 into my PC and click "sync" on the garmin express application.

This may be related or not but I notice when I'm home (near wifi) and try to start a sync from my GC app, it doesn't usually work.  For example, I turned off voice navigation commands from the app.  The 830 device had a red ! in the app and the message was that the sync failed.  I had to restart the app and it seemed to work.  I have the 830 and a Vivomsart HR+ watch paired to my phone.  The VS seems to sync as expected from the GC app.

• Hello, my new Garmin Edge 830 (replaced my old Edge 810) it's not uploading/syncing my activities through Garmin Express. I have to upload manually the files via the Garmin Connect website.

Garmin Express says it's synced , however that's not the situation. My unit has the latest firmware (3.50), i've already tried to uninstall and reinstall the Garmin Express and the situations remains.

Finally the Bluetooth connection to my phone (Xiaomi Mi A2) , does not work 100% , i cannot activate the Smart Lock option to the unit via trusted device and also does not allow me to upload the activity whlie paired to my phone, giving a error message like "upload failed".

Quite disappointed to Edge 830 compared to my previous Edge 810

• Hi Matthew, I did some testing and posted my test results on the 830 forum.  I'm re-posting them here since this is the thread you had started to track this particular issue.  Thanks.

With my phone within range and with GC running in the background, turning the Edge on it won't automatically connect until I bring GC to the foreground.  The next part is interesting.  With the 830 connected to the phone, I leave the phone in the garage and leaves for a three-hour ride.  Upon returning home once the 830 is within range of the phone it will automatically connect without me touching the phone.  But if I leave the house without having the 830 connected to the phone to start my ride, then upon returning and coming within range of the phone the 830 will never connect unless I bring GC to the foreground.  The last test is also interesting.  If I make the 830 connect to the phone and then turn off the 830, upon powering up the 830 immediately it will find/connect to the phone.  It will work like this until the very next morning when I power up the 830 and it won't find/connect to the phone.  It almost seems like the 830 (or the GC) has some short-term memory and the phone connectivity is tied to that short-term memory.  If I leave the 830 off for more than 6 hours then power it up it won't find/connect to the phone.  I hope Matthew at Garmin will take our notes to the Engineering team.

• Updated to 3.5 and rides aren't uploading via phone. Started the unit this am, and it connected to the phone just fine. Went for a ride, keeping the GC connect app open/running in the background. I also checked randomly throughout the ride for connectivity like weather and other connected features, and sometimes they were working, other times not. When I completed the ride, the file didn't upload. I checked the app (which was still open on the phone) and it showed as "disconnected". Took a few swipes to get it to connect the edge 830, then it synched. I'm on an iPhone 8. 

• 3.50 update. I’m experiencing all the issues mentioned here. I’ll be setting off on a 1k km ride soon and can’t rely on this device. Someone mention a Wahoo?