This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ride upload issue while connected to WiFI and Bluetooth after updating to SW 3.50

I am also having this issue. It will NOT upload a saved ride via Bluetooth but will via WiFi. I use live track for the wife and it is just making more work for me to manually turn off wifi then do the ride with live track, then get home and disable bluetooth and perform the upload on WiFi. I'm on 3.50, express says up to date.

Any updates with this? 

• Having same trouble with everyone else with failed uploads. Very frustrating! It wouldn’t even upload my rides through USB.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to chemcel

Very frustrating! It wouldn’t even upload my rides through USB.

run your file through Fit File Tool's section remover

import this fit file manual from within Garmin Connect Web

when this fails

with your consent we can have a look at your file with FitFileRepairTool

zip the fit file and upload here in the forum, or provide a link to it on a cloud storage

happy & safe sporting

• I have found corrupt fit files are the cause, usually caused by a new firmware update, the old activities on edge get corrupt, the files are uploaded by oldest to newest, the uploading process stops on the corrupt file, unless you upload a specific file.

Solution is to delete the old activities or back them up.

• As of January 2020 my 530 still gets confused if both BT and WiFi are enabled and fails to sync

I have to switch one off and then force upload again to make it work

I suggest Garmin puts a priority on WiFi if the device detects both connections to finally solve this

• Bought Wahoo first; then “upgraded” to Edge 530. Wahoo sync was flawless. Garmin fails every time first try. Eventually works and I have no idea how or why. 
  • Try just having your head unit connected to 1 device when arriving home. I designate my tablet. The device should connect to the tablet and start uploading. If it doesn’t, turn on Garmin Connect on the tablet and your device should sync and upload the activity. If not, go to activity history on the device and manually upload

• So, I've had this issue for about a year, then someone on another post figured it out! It's been a long time coming!

There was a pricacy setting on GC that prevented uploads from happening, despite the devices being paired.

Settings/Profile & Privacy/Data/Device Upload - then, turn this option on.

Enjoy your Garmin!

• are you talking about edge530 as I cannot navigate (profile & privacy) does not seem to exist.

I can Select Menu > Settings > Connected Features > Wi-Fi. select auto upload and define my wireless networks.

see manual https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/edge530/EN-US/GUID-8F0AA33E-5CD6-4EC5-9C21-B45D13BDBE8D.html

• So, I've had this issue for about a year, then someone on another post figured it out! It's been a long time coming!

There was a pricacy setting on GC that prevented uploads from happening, despite the devices being paired.

Settings/Profile & Privacy/Data/Device Upload - then, turn this option on.

Perfect - I was having exactly the same problem. Upload failed! Upload failed! UPLOAD FAILED! Tweaked this setting as you suggested in Garmin Connect, and BINGO! All is well!