This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Virtual Partner

Is there a quick way to reset the Virtual Partner on the fly while riding. I can long press on my Edge 510 cause of the touchscreen but since there isn't one on the 530 can you do this without going through a lot of menus.

• On the 530 when on the VP page press the context menu button (top right). It should give you an option to reset it.

• Can virtual partner to disabled? I don't really want it. 

• You can disable the VP screen, but not the fact that the Edge will track the position of the VP.

• Thanks. Wasted CPU cycles then for a function that I don't use. 

• I agree. I never use the stupid Virtual Partner feature. Why can't it be disabled.

• I find very annoying this second grey arrow on the screen, running around on the map.

I think should be implemented an option to disable it, as many users do not need to have it. 

I suppose this modification would not cost too much time for the software development.

Many users just want to enjoy a tour and see their position on the map, not the position of a "virtual parner". I was so happy I had this virtual partner not anymore on the Edge Explore 820.

Now I bought the Edge 830 and this VP again is back. For me it is such an annoying feature that I would not have bought this new device, if I knew was not possible to disable it!

• So I also find VP irritating, I have set the VP speed to zero presume that will mean it stays at the start and moves nowhere, you need to add the screen in activity profiles to get the option. Then you can uncheck show screen.

• I really don't understand the problem, I am sure to blind out this arrow is not a huge development effort. Any marketing investigation would show that most of the user do not want this feature!! 

• I've set Virtual Partner's speed to ZERO. And when i launched a course i saw the virtual partner arrow moving in the map page (i was still unclipped - the virtual partner beat me in the starting line-again). I also did get the announcement later that the Virtual Partner finished first.

After the ride i doubled checked again the settings - Virtual Partner's speed was definitely Zero in my settings. So the speed settings has no effect on the virtual partner. For reasons known only to the Garmin programmers evidently the virtual partner has a life of its own.

Anyone brand new to Garmin would be totally confused by 2 arrows on the map - of course it wouldn't take long for the virtual partner arrow to move out of the map....to be announced the winnner later. I can understand people's frustration with Garmin - nothing is like what it seems. It's as though the programmers do what they like..

• Hay forma de configurar la velocidad media del virtual parnet?

Entrenamientos que he hecho días antes, luego no me marca correctamente la hora de llegada, va mucho más rápido de lo yo fui.

Gracias