This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Virtual Partner

Is there a quick way to reset the Virtual Partner on the fly while riding. I can long press on my Edge 510 cause of the touchscreen but since there isn't one on the 530 can you do this without going through a lot of menus.

• It sucks so much! I first tried setting the VP's speed to zero. No change - he still beats me by quite a bit. Then I set it to 1kph and no change again. I understand having lots of features and that someone somewhere might like this one I do not understand why it is mandatory to be beaten by a guy who doesn't even exist. It is SO LAME. Garmin, come on. There is a big update coming later this year but I doubt they'll listen to their customers who have been asking for this tiny feature so I'm not holding my breath.

• I suspect the course was built with a virtual partner and that would override the setting you made on the device.

• Like I said to Machoman, the VP was probably built into the course and that overrides the VP setting on the device.

• I just got the 530 and this VP  persistence is just an unfair strategy to force people use or get used to a TM feature they do not need. They could have at least allowed to change the percentage on the data screen by accessing its menu.

• I contacted Garmin and they said that not many people complain about this feature to implement a change so the more people call in to Garmin then they might remove it! I also don’t like VP!

• wait - so if 'many' people complain they will remove Virtual Partner ??? The call centre person probably spoke from ignorance. 

• You all know that is a discussion forum and not a formal feedback route to Garmin?  There is zero guarantee that anyone from Garmin has ever read the complaints here.   If you want to provide feedback then you should all use this form ->   www.garmin.com/.../

• Le me rephrase it...what I told them that there should b an option to disable vp arrow and he said that not many people have called in about wanting it removed and therefore have not implemented the change. In all honesty they did fix the elevation issue that I mentioned to them a while back.not sure if I had anything to do with it!

• That’s right! the more people call in the better! Also suggest they lower the minimum vp speed to lower than 4mph. Most people don’t hike or walk going faster than 4 mph!