This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Max Power spike

Third ride today with the 530, haven’t had any issues with drop outs or syncing (Wi-Fi not setup). Only issue I’ve had so far is I had to re-pair my Varia. Today my max power was 20852, using the single sided Vector 3’s. Anyone else experience this? Thankfully I still have my 520 plus and haven’t had a single issue in the year that I’ve had them.I will continue to use that until the 530 issues have been resolved.

• Yep, I had similar with dual V3. I'd have a look at the pinned "sensor Dropout Feedback" and follow what they're asking for. All adds to Garmin getting as much information to squash the bugs! 

• I had exactly this with my Elite Direto trainer last night. First time I've used the 530 and a power spike of 40000 watts, rendering all the power stats useless.

• In Strava the max power number was 663, I updated this in the Garmin connect app, but on the actual graph it does not reflect. Regardless as you said the power stats are useless with these massive spikes. I’m giving Garmin another few weeks to correct these issues, otherwise it’s going back and I’ll stick with my 520 plus. I won’t even use the 530 now.

• This only happened for me with the Direto trainer. Not had any power spikes with any other power meters. Allnof them have been connected via ant+

• Same issue here with a Tacx Vortex Smart in ERG mode. Altough I only had one ride since updating to 3.50, but that was fine, without peaks.

• This was actually an issue with my Vector 3’s after Matthew reviewed my fit file. He commented on this post, not sure why the post has since been removed. They sent me a new battery door/PCB board, so far I haven’t had another issue. I initially thought this was an issue with my 530, it must have been a coincidence that that when I switched from my 520 plus to the 530 the Vector 3’s started acting up. I do have to say, the 530 has been ok for me, I haven’t used all the features, but overall no dropouts, resets, etc..

• Glad that your problem got solved.

However I have used a few devices with my Tacx Vortex and non of them showed spikes like the 530. So if it was the power meter then it would have acted up on any ither device in the last 8 months, but it's only on the 530 the spikes appear

• I'm having the same issue - yesterday hit 50K+ on power.  Going to try this tonight:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/vector-3/140704/vector-3-power-spikes

Scroll all the way to the bottom for a solution that should work.

• I had it for the first time today after six or so weeks of using the 530, but also had it on my FR935.

I have Favero Assioma Duo pedals, which just had the firmware updated to provide Cycling Dynamics, and this was first ride since updating.

Strava ignored the spike, but both my Garmin 530 & FR935 have me at a max of 4437 W.

Because of thism GC has my NP at 300 W. It was probably somewhere around 230 W.

Regardless of why this happens, Garmin software engineers should provide a way to ignore such obviously erroneous information.