This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Inconsistent training status across devices

Hi,

despite I have activated on all my devices (Fenix 5 and Garmin Edge 530) the Physio Trueup feature, the training status and the training load are different across the devices.

For instance on my 530 the training status results "High Intensity" with a training load of 891. On the other hand, on the Fenix 5 the status is "Unproductive" with a training load of 754.

Like I said, Physio Trueup is active and the devices are always syncronized with garmin connect. I suspect that the Edge 530 calculates the traing load differently from the Fenix 5.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

• Surely those are all set globally in GCM and pushed to the device are they not?

• Noticed the same thing. VO2Max align, but the Training Load and Status are completely different. No idea which one to believe. 

• Dito!

also, i’m Using two “new generation” devices (edge 530 and 945) which have the new training focus feature onboard. And that numbers don’t match either. Don’t know if they should because of physio true up, but as someone mentioned above, when Physio true up should show us the big picture of training load and progress there somehow should be at least an option to show the big picture!

Now, I can ONLY clearly see and Analyse my load and progress of my rides when I select edge and on the other side of my other sports like runs selecting the 945. (I think, cant really check that numbers, somehow nothing matches that easily)

To me, true up only syncs the fit files so you can see your workouts across devices and also shows a consistent recovery status. Which is good! But somehow I thought it would do more load and focus wise. 

Btw. Very happy with my 2 new devices. Only problem beside this one is that GC won’t sync my new VO2MAX from the edge. Still happy that I upgraded. 

• My FR935 and Edge 530 combo suffers the same problem with different value.

If I combine values from both devices (in my head)  then I have too high load but both of them show training load as optimal.

Does this affect only Edge 530 users? Does other Edge 530 users have this working correclty? Any solution?

• I'm in the same situation, FR945 and Edge530.

I've now started recording my rides on the FR945 as well as the Edge, then only saving the one from the FR945 so I get all the data in one place.

Sucks since I lose the extra stats from the Edge - defeats the point somewhat.

Doesn't look like they tested True-up very well on their new units Disappointed

• Hmm, looks like this is a known issue and Garmin are "working on it"...
    forums.garmin.com/.../blended-training-status-from-multiple-garmin-devices

• I am also seeing two different training status/loads

Edge 530: 3 rides total with Physio True Up Enabled. Just purchased 

Fenix 5x Plus: Owned since Feb 2019. True up enabled as well  

Any suggestions?

• Confusing. FR935 and Edge 530 show totally different results.

Forerunner 935EDGE 530

• same with 830 and 935. I'm now recording runs and rides on 935, and the 830 is relegated to the role of an expensive GPS navigator. What a shame ...

• For me, TL seems reasonably consistent across devices when VO2Max is stable. But TL on devices differs when VO2Max changes - I am assuming that the load is somehow calculated with the old VO2Max, then pushed across Physio True Up with the new.

As my  Cycling VO2Max is consistently changing (it drops whenever I do a zone 2 ride, and rises when I do a threshold/VO2Max workout), this means my status is constantly changing also.