This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Brand new edge 130 plus. Rebooted in middle of first ride. Any ideas?

Brand new edge 130 plus. Rebooted in middle of first ride.  Any ideas?

• Dumb question but did you charge it up to 100% after taking it out of the box and going for the first ride?

• Per the other thread that you posted in, if your phone was on and connected, it's not impossible that it decided to update itself particularly since it was brand new.

• Yes. It was at 100% and I had updated it through the computer

• I had synced it through the computer. While ouT for the ride it shut down and rebooted but it did not continue the ride. I needed to press start again. After the ride it did a software update. Used it yesterday and it worked perfect. 

• I'm sure the the mid-ride reboot was because of the update particularly because it was new out-of-the-box.

• it had been synced and updated on the pc. It asks to upgrade when turning on. It rebooted and did not prompt for the update. It did not prompt until after it uploaded the ride. 

It does not matter. working now.

• I'm glad to hear it's working, and thanks for sharing! I'm going to make sure that before my first ride I'll install as possible updates.

• I have similar problem with my Edge 130. but refurbished ones. There is some real issue on Edge 130 that it reboots after power up and syncing with phone. It is happening on refurbished units only, as my original Edge 130 did not do that, the 2 refurbished units I got one from last year and one this year behave the same. I just turned unit on today and started the unit after it locked GPS, then just monitored it while it was on auto-pause and sure enough when I enabled connection to phone within 20 min it rebooted itself. Some how it looks like it is syncing with phone and then when download completes it decides it needs to reboot, Very frustrating, when it happens in the middle of the ride. Garmin replaced the unit, then the other one does the same. I borrowed friends Edge 130 it does exactly the same reboot. FYI I am using it with Samsun S10e and no sensors on the bike. Now Garmin is offering another unit but I am almost sure not is not hardware problem. Any specific settings that causing it? BTW reboot happens only once, unless I power cycle the unit, after reboot it works fine no issues.

• The same is happening to me every now ant then. The last time it happened it was in the middle of a long ride, about 50 km from the start, connected to the phone from the start, so I doubt it is the sync/update issue.

The problem is that after reboot the elevation data is not correct. See other thread.

• My Edge 130 plus was working great. But it installed an update this morning, and then reset itself *eight* times during my group ride today. This is really frustrating because it was fine before the software update. Is anyone else having this problem?