This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 plus sync time with iPhone

Hi all,

Not too sure if anyone out there is experiencing the same issue but since the last IOS update to IOS14 my Edge has been taking much longer to sync even after short rides. I have tried resetting my Edge and made sure that my Firmware is the latest but to no avail. Just wondering if people have been able to find a work around rather than having to use my Mac to sync rides to Strava or syncing rides to my Edge after creating them on the Connect App.

Thanks, 

James 

• I found a workaround which used to work: before start riding, start Garmin Connect on your phone and let it run in the background. When you finished your ride the sync will be done relatively fast. Tested out with iPhone 12 Mini, iOS 15.1.1. Garmin 130 Plus is on the newest FW 2.90.

• I don't consider this a workaround.  Syncing with the phone before the ride ensures connectivity for LiveTrack, message alerts, weather, etc.  This is how I always start a ride, sync to GC then just lock the phone screen.  

• I have two Edge 520 and a 830 as well. Sync works fine without starting Garmin Connect. Especially with the old 520s, sync is super fast (even if I have power meter, HR, SRAM AXS related, etc. extra data). Edge 130 plus is the only one which is affected by the sync issue. As I mentioned, starting GC can work as a kind of workaround here. Sync start automatically (still, quite slow compared to my other 3 units). Hope this information can help for iPhone 12 users.

• Ah, well the 130 is my first and only Edge, so I didn't know it was a work around!  I just figured out that was what worked!

• Updated iOS on the phone couple of weeks ago and first time after that the Garmin Edge130 uploaded the activity almost immediately. Thought that was “problem solved”, but unfortunately that was the only time it worked. I’ve tried starting the app before my ride and leave it on, but makes no difference for me. Right now I’ve been waiting for a sync for about 40 minutes…Confused. Tried restarting both the phone and the Garmin unit.

• I've found sync after ride can be difficult in areas with poor cell reception.  It shouldn't matter for a Bluetooth sync, but it seems to make a difference.

There was a GC update this week.  Maybe that'll help.

• This issue existed on my previous iPhone 5 SE, and it remains on my new iPhone 12 Mini with iOS.

Interestingly,  I suspect that this is a problem with the Edge 130 Plus...

I believe This is a common fault

• Considering sync is also slow on my Android phone, I'd have to agree.