This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 plus sync time with iPhone

Hi all,

Not too sure if anyone out there is experiencing the same issue but since the last IOS update to IOS14 my Edge has been taking much longer to sync even after short rides. I have tried resetting my Edge and made sure that my Firmware is the latest but to no avail. Just wondering if people have been able to find a work around rather than having to use my Mac to sync rides to Strava or syncing rides to my Edge after creating them on the Connect App.

Thanks, 

James 

• Hi,

I'm facing with the same issue. (Newest firmware installed on my Edge 130 Plus...) Sync is very slow, sometimes I need to set my iPhone to flight mode temporarily and set it back to normal mode, in order to force a connection refresh on BT connections. This usually helps, however I always need to start Garmin Connect and press the Sync button/icon in the top-right corner.

I had this issue on my old iPhone 5 SE and now the problem remained with the new iPhone 12 Mini as well (iOS 14.2.1).

Interestingly, I don't have this issue neither with my old Garmin Edge 520 nor with my Garmin Edge 830. I suspect that, this must be an Edge 130 Plus problem...

Regards,

zs

• Any of you knows about any kind of resolution on this?

iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 14.4), latest Garmin Connect I'm using. Sync Garmin Edge 520 and Edge 830 super fast, while Edge 130 Plus sync does not work at all automatically.

When I open Garmin Connect, connection to the Edge 130 Plus has the 'green light' but even if I tap on the sync icon, sync does not start at all.

I have tried to remove/unpair the Edge 130 Plus and Pair it again. Nothing changed.

I can 'force' the sync only on the following way:

1) open Garmin Connect on the Phone

2) put the phone to Flight Mode and wait 5 secs

3) put the phone back to normal mode

4) open Garmin Connect, wait 10-15 secs while connection gets green light, sync can start only afterwards (and super slow: to sync a 2-hour ride takes 3-5 minutes, while same phone, same Garmin Connect with an old Edge 520 takes only ~5-10 secs!!!)

Thanks,

zs

• hello,

In my case everything is working well. I have Iphone 7 and syncing is really fast (I didn't link my garmin account with Strava or other services).

Regards,

MSz

• I have had this issue for the past few months. Syncing on my Edge 130 Plus on an iPhone 10 to Strava does not work immediately and sometimes takes 24 hours after the ride. Blue Tooth connection and syncing to the Garmin Connect app does not happen easily. any updates from Garmin/someone out there?  

• Same here. I also switched from edge 520 to edge 130, paired with iPhone 12 mini. My “solution” is restarting the computer and then sync manually in the app. Still takes ages…

• I have the same problem. New Edge 130, New iPhone 12 mini. All software is up to date, Sync fails most times. Takes 3-5 minutes if I reset Garmin App, and reset Airplane/BT mode on and off... Such a pain. My wife's Edge pairs to her Pixel 3 in like 15 seconds after a ride. What is the deal?!?!?!?!

• I have a similar issue with my 130 Plus and Android phone. Sync to GCM is very slow. Express on my PC works beautifully.

• Im on android and it takes forever to sync and often times out. Only since latest update.

• First make sure your garmin edge 130 plus is charged then download the garmin connect app UPSers from your phone's app store power on your edge 130. Plus using the start button select your language.

• +1 on this. Syncing Edge 130 plus with iPhone takes multiple tries and takes forever. Iphone 12 here with iOS 15.1