Current Problems with the Edge 1050

(1) Corrupting FIT files, losing data.  Pretty much the only reason I've stayed on team Garmin for twenty years is that I never, ever lose data.

(2) The Edge 1050 doesn't detect that the unit is fully charged, and leaves the screen powered on FOREVER while charging.  I assume this is going to cause burn-in at some point.

(3) no way to write to the storage on MacOS.  So, I can't create a startup.txt or add routes.  I couldn't get MTP to work with a Windows 11 VMWare virtual machine on MacOS either.

(4) The firmware is fairly unstable.  I had it enter a crash loop the other day and needed to fully reset it.  The unit kept cycling between day and night mode and all of the sensors kept all disconnecting and reconnecting.

(5) Still no QWERTY keyboard even with the new high resolution screen.  How am I supposed to use navigation?  Nobody in the US learned to type on a ABCDEF keyboard.

(6) ConnectIQ store is busted.  Doesn't work at all.  Even on Wifi.  There's no way to search.  I had to install the TyreWiz data field app from my phone.

(7) Still no native TyreWiz support.  ConnectIQ is terrible.  It takes up to five minutes for the TyreWiz sensors to connect when I power the unit up.  If the TyreWiz sensors aren't awake when the 1050 powers on, the ConnectIQ data field still crashes.

(8) ClimbPro is busted on navigation.  I rerouted back to start last week and the climbs from the previous course were still showing up.

(9) The Varia RTL-515 errors out whenever cars approach (possibly due to vehicle lane assist).  Constant Error 0:9s and Error 0:FCs...

(10) Road hazards are inaccurate.  I get random "UNPAVED ROAD" warnings when that's not the case.  I also get "POTHOLE" warnings, when that's not the case.  The 1050 flags nearly 90% false-positives in San Francisco.

(11) Deleted all ConnectIQ fields from stored 1040 profiles.

(12) Did not add my radar as a sensor from my existing profile.