Why does it keep restarting / crashing?

My 1050 keeps restarting itself randomly. It did it a few times with the 9.11 firmware so I tried the 10.06 beta which seemed to fix it for a few rides - so much I trusted it for a half-Everest on the weekend and it was fine for over 7 hours. 

Yesterday it crashed a whopping 5 times during a 1.5 hour social ride, the last one just as I clicked save. Then I commuted to work and it crashed once more. Everyone it crashes not only do I lose some distance and data recordings, it also comes back to a STOP state even though I’m moving. 

And then when I was going home from work it simply wouldn’t start, so I rode home with it turned off. I eventually found the hard reset in for for edge units and after holding the power button for around 15-20 seconds it rebooted. 

Sure, I’m not a professional, but data is important to me to the point I bought the most expensive, fully featured computer in the market today. This unit is simply unusable with how unreliable it is.

Can Garmin comment on this? I’ve seen several people complaining of similar problems on the 1050 Facebook group. 

I’m going back to my Karoo 3 until this is resolved - but not being able to Guinea pig anymore; I’ll come back to Garmin if / when this is resolved X until then this will sit in a drawer. 

Top Replies

• until then this will sit in a drawer. 

Complaining here is pointless, garmin hardly even notices, you should call garmin support, demand a refund / replacement, its only if they have to do…

All Replies

• until then this will sit in a drawer. 

Complaining here is pointless, garmin hardly even notices, you should call garmin support, demand a refund / replacement, its only if they have to do lots and lots of returns / refunds that they might do anything, otherwise its "thanks for your $1000 and we don't care what you keep in your drawer". This forum and the 1050 beta forum are full of posts re crashes, restarts