Garmin Edge 1050 does not appear on Finder menu on Mac

Hello,
when I connect the Garmin Edge to my Mac computers (iMac and Macbook Air), the Garmin does not appear in the Finder but is recognized by the computer's Garmin Express (because I was able to do all the updates from from Garmin Express on my Mac computer).
So I can't access the Garmin hard drive to enter all my recorded routes.
However, I updated the firmware: Software version 9.09.
What can I do to make my Garmin Edge 1050 appear in my finder on Mac?
It’s a shame for a counter of this price.
Thank you for your prompt response,

• do you need the Pro version?  I'm not seeing the 1050 on the free version.

• cycleanalyse, I have the pro package v:2. After writing my previous message, I bought the pro package V:3 just in case. I did exactly the same thing as what you're doing on the video, for which I thank you. The 1050 is still not mounting when dragging the file to the desktop. For the record, I have a mac studio M1 with OSX Sonoma 14.5, and the new firmware Update 9.11 on the 1050. It did not work also previously with firmware 9.09.

• darn. I'll reach out to Commander One folks and see what the deal is. We are on same MacOS same firmware same chip architecture etc

The 1050 is still not mounting when dragging the file to the desktop. For the record, I have a mac studio M1 with OSX Sonoma 14.5, and the new firmware Update 9.11 on the 1050. It did not work also previously with firmware 9.09
  • Just to make one thing clear though, I can transfer files back and forth with Commander one, between my Mac and the 1050. Hopefully, Garmin will address this issue at some point. Otherwise, you have to have a Windows computer or buy a $30.00 (US) software, for which it should not be the case at the price of the unit, like liemovitch mentioned previously.

• 100% Garmin is not going to address this. It's an operating system level thing. Just put that out of your mind.

• You can import a course into your connect.garmin.com account. From there you can export it to your Garmin Edge 1050. A little slow since you need to do this individually for each route/course. Sadly, a group of files cannot be bulk transferred.

• I just plugged my 1050 into my iMac and the program "MacDroid" just popped up and asked if I wanted to sync with the 1050.  I let it and it mounted the 1050 on my iMac.  Not sure why I had this program other than I needed to pull information off some Android devices a few years ago and maybe I downloaded it.  Looks like a free program. 

Well maybe not, said it was read-only mode, but let me save a file. 

• I installed OpenMTP but it's not working for me. I can push routes to the 1050 from RideWithGPS OK, but I just want to install the file that shows my name, email and phone number on the boot screen.

• The problem with openmtp is a known issue, and needs to be fixed in a future version of the 1050 software.

see: github.com/.../389

This might also be relevant: github.com/.../391