Who already has the E1050 and what are the impressions?

Users of the new E1050, share your impressions - is the new Edge a big qualitative leap compared to the previous E1040 model and is it worth investing a few hundred on new hardware after changes to the firmware (23/09Beta) and adding a few functionalities?

• Did my first test ride with the 1050. It was a short MTB ride. Tomorrow I will go with my road bike for a 45 miles ride. I was just making sure all my sensors were working which they were. I had all my sensors connected and after a 1 hour and 18 mins ride, the battery went down from 100% to 92%. Not bad as my 1040 for the same ride takes about 20% of battery. This is because AUTO dimming in the 1040 sucks and I have it at 70% brightness all the time. The 1050 AUTO Dimming function works at it should be. So having it enabled let you save some battery. I can also confirm that WindField and MapDashnoardMS apps are fully working with the 1050. Here some photos during my ride:

• Garmin, please add buttons to the next version.  The1050 looks amazing and I'd love to buy it save for one thing. Living in the UK, I can't live without the buttons on my current 840.  Yes, the touch screen is really good but there are still times when it doesn't work in the wet.  Also, I ride through the winter sometimes with really thick gloves and these don't work at all with the touch screen and I rely wholly on the buttons. 

• I don't know how I forgot that I needed to use Connect on my iPhone to transfer profiles and sensors to my 1050.  Thanks to those who replied and reminded me!  I sent the sensors over today.

• A couple of days ago, I complained here that the "Smart" hydration reminder was sounding every six minutes.  Apparently, it did so to learn enough to actually act "Smart", because the reminders came at what I think are reasonable intervals yesterday and today.

Another thing I've noticed is that when the sun is high on a clear day (in other words, just about every day in So Cal in the summer), the screen gets dark like my old Edge 1000 and 810 models used to do.  It is still readable, but I was surprised to see this happen!

• Just got my unit. Very impressed by the speed of the UI and the display. Anyone else finding auto brightness to be quite erratic? 

Only used it indoors thus far but found that the brightness is changing quite frequently even without moving from where I was sitting?

• Outdoors works really well. I already did two rides outdoors in very sunny conditions and also around some roars covered with trees and auto brightness worked really well. Definitely much better than with my 1040. 

• After a 100Km ride yesterday, my honest opinion:

Speaker is amazing, the bell is lovely.

At noon, when the sun was almost vertical on the screen, I couldn't see a thing, I was blind. You cannot read anything on the screen if the sun is out. So it sucks.

But it works great!, no errors similar to when the 1040 was launched.

• I would suggest trying some different screen angles. If the unit is little to flat the sun can glare of it. You may need to bring the front up a bit. I ride in California with plenty of sun and don't have any issues in direct sunlight after making some adjustments.

• I find the charging of the Garmin very slow, the charger indicates 2W. During an ultra, in 1 hour, the Garmin gains only 15%.

• It really takes a higher wattages to charge the unit

USB 3.0 and 3.1 allow 5V at 900 mA (4.5W)