This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Map locked update issue

Hi, in the new Map Manager option on the 1040, I saw an update available for Europe.

I downloaded it - took 6 hours in total. When it was finally done loading and installing all seemed ok, but now the map has a 'locked' icon.
When I open the map I get an 'the map is locked, remove and reinstall this map'.

I then used Garmin Express to remove all the maps. Then reinstalled them, using Garmin Express again.

My 1040 still says it's locked.

So then I tried to delete it on my 1040 itself, but it simply doesn't do that. When I click delete, the Europe map is still visible in Map manager.

I prefer not to do a complete fabric restore.. anyone else ever got this issue?

• Yep something goes seriously wrong with that map update through Map Manager. 2 differences between your and mine experience:

- Express deleted my gmapbmap.img when I deleted the 3 EU maps through Express, but did not put it back when I reinstalled the maps (thankfully I made a backup)

- After deleting the img and gma files, reinstalling the maps through Express and then going to Map Manager, Map Manager said there was an update. I clicked that, if I remember correctly it gave a brief 'syncing'  message which was finished 2 seconds later. Then all was ok.

BTW I also had 3 seperate maps in Express for EU while it shows as 1 map in Map Manager, adding to all the confusion.

• For me the starting point of all the troubles was Garmin Express. It downloaded maps but could not install them. I never used the Map Manager on the 1040 before this, but the problem may have been caused because the Map Manager incorrectly locked the maps.

• I didn't use Express until Map Manager locked my maps and I needed to fix that so I do assume the bug is caused by Map Manager. BTW yesterday I noticed that Map Manager mentions my maps as 2024, when I go to mapinfo in Express it says 2021 maps installed.

• Did that resolve the issue for you?