Fw 20.19 Crashes + high battery consumption

Garmin, you did it again! Rage

All was absolutely fine with fw 19.22 , a new fw comes in, I update to fw 20.19 and all of a sudden I get crashes in the middle of the ride with the device resetting itself and a very high battery consumption, 60% in 3h, where it used to be 20-25% in 3h

I reset the device to factory settings and reconfigured.... no help, still same issues.

Please, stop deploying poorly tested software, you can do much better than this

• Hi,

I often report problems on this forum and I myself am very unhappy with this 1040s with all the bugs that we encounter after so much time after purchase, the warranty will end and we will still encounter problems if the Garmin engineers are not more responsive and serious in their work and updates.

And yet, concerning me, this update seems to me the best of all.
    The autonomy has increased compared to the previous version, the Varia has not yet disconnected.
    I'm waiting to do a long distance soon to test the 1040 and see if the sensors maintain a reliable connection.

I think that after each update it is preferable to do a factory reset to start on a healthy basis, the restoration of the profiles is done more or less well, but the synchronization allows you to recover the training data.

• il mio 1040 continua ad avere dei crashes (reboot) ogni volta che entro nella lista dei percorsi per cercarne uno...... scorrendo la lista avviene il reboot

• My regular 1040 battery life is down to 21 hours from typical 40+ with prior firmwares