This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Route using the wrong cached directions.

Interesting bug today. I loaded a route to climb Les Deux Alpes in France and it gave me directions for another of my routes in South West London in the UK. I wondered why I was constantly being directed to my local park. Had to remove the cached version and recalculate once I realised. Not seen this before. 

• Try device reset and don't import backed profiles. It worked for me.

• Did someone found a solution to this annoying problem ?

No but it does not occur all the time so it is unclear if it is fixed or just not the right conditions to occur on a specific ride, what software version are you on? I have 15.24.

• in beta16.04 (16.05)  the problem has been fixed.

• 15.24 as well. Anyway, this device is full of problems for now.. Even new win version as less issues nowadays ! 

• That's a really good new !

• I'm afraid it's not fixed. I'm on v16.13 and am having this problem. I got the 1040 for Christmas, so only now really started riding it outdoors with courses.

Yesterday I went out on a 90km road ride. I saw the pink track with chevrons and started following it. After a while I smelled something fishy, so stopped to check and sure enough, I was way off track at that point. I ended up riding 105km in total after I had to find a way back to my intended route.

Today I set off on an mtb ride, and you guessed it, same thing happened. This time I stopped immediately to see what was going on. Took a snap with my phone.

Notice the blue line showing where I have been, the dark purple line above indicating part of the route I was yet to cover, and the light purple line with chevrons on the right hand side, which was part of some other route I did a while back.

I removed all courses from the device, except the one I was riding, but it was still showing.

I've never interacted with the file system in the 1040 directly, everything done via the in device UI.

I would add to the chorus saying that I'm very disappointed for such an expensive device. But I'm a Garmin veteran, so am not really shocked, nor am I surprised that this issue is still not fixed after so long.

I will try removing the cached route next time to see if it helps. I've had (and have) a number of other issues (most annoying so far is Varia radar disconnecting/connecting), but this one is a deal breaker. If it's not fixed I will start hassling the retailer for a warranty exchange/refund.

• I encountered this problem several times until I deleted all the profiles and created them again from scratch, without importing old profiles (and maybe also a reset). Coincidence? Maybe, but since that day it never happened again.

By the way, this also fixed other busgs and since then, it does less nonsense.

• Was Turn Guidance (TG) Off, I get the Ghost Courses randomly even without Turn Guidance being on, I rarely use it, so users with this problem report that it only happens without TG but if they have it on then a whole new crop of other issues arise

• This unit is the first unit who make me loose my way all because those ghost lines and navigation go beserk. 
    I'm on the latest fw, did all the mentioned possible solutions for months now and even the reset (without backup files).

The only way for me is just to toggle the "show on map" so I get the line om the map to follow and not use te ride option.

And a question: when I load a course it sometimes says "recalculating", is this normal? Can I skip that somehow?

• Course recalculation happens from when you load the route. If you load the route and try and use it immediately you’ll get the route calculation messages, also if you go off the route. 
    for the wrong route being cached see the second post in the thread from aweatherall where he explains how to remove the cached version and force a recalculation.