This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

EDGE 1040 Crashes at Off Course Warning - ReRouting Bug FW 10.12 & also 10.15

Edge 1040 crashes (always) when I am getting off the course.

Following options I am using at Navigation - Courses - Menu upper right:
1. Turn Guidance - OFF
2. Off Course Warnings - ON
3. Activity Profile Settings - Navigation - Routing - Course Recalculation: Prompt with Auto Re-route

Device is always crashing (reproducable), means: I am driving off course and device shuts down and restarts. I can continue riding, and at least I am not losing previous ridden km´s/miles.
It also crashes if I try to click the promted message.

WORKAROUND FOR NOW:
I switched off the "Off Course Warnings".

WHAT I NOT TRIED SO FAR (anybody else maybe?):
To use Promt only or use Auto-Reroute in Profile Settings.
This also could help to prevent the crash situation.

Anybody else ran into this problem?

Best regards

Ingo 

• I have your settings except with turn guidance on.  I’ve gone off route a few times with both versions of software on two rides. I’ve not seen any issues.  Now I used to get this on the 1030 regularly.  Device would go blank screen and full restart. 

• Yes, blank screen and full restart. Yesterday I tried "promt only" with the same behaviour. Turn guidance is no option for me... far to many beeps on a ride ;-)

• Could you post the err_log.txt file from the Garmin\Debug folder if the unit is crashing. You can PM it to me if you like.

I would be interested in taking a look at it.

• I use auto reroute and haven’t had any crashes. However sometimes when it is generating the reroute the map view is shown for a very large area (I.e. 10+ miles across) with the location triangle still shown making me think the Garmin thinks I’m somewhere else miles away. The map finally redraws at the appropriate zoom level with the location icon in the same place. This can take 10+ seconds.

• Thanks, but err_log.txt is empty...

• Hi Ingo, ich habe the same problem with my edge 1040. do you have a solution for that allready?

Kenne ich Dich nicht von Deinem Shop?!

• Anche io ho avuto questo problema dopo aver installato ridewhitgps ,ho provato a disinstallarlo e tutto è tornato normale 

• Yes, Manni, ENJOYYOURBIKE.

Problem with this Bug is that it might not be solved soon. I think most of 1040 users have turn guidance on, so they will never run into this problem. And I am not sure if Garmin gets aware of this problem... as for now they did not answer here :-(

• Danke Dir für die Rückmeldung, hatte Dir noch über den FB Messanger eine Nachricht geschickt. Habe mittlerweile Kontakt mit Garmin wegen dem Problem. Kannst Du noch kurz informieren, ob das Problem auch bei in GC erstellten Touren auftritt? Habe das bisher nur mittels Drittanbieter getestet. Nebenbei angermerkt brauche ich die automatische Neuberechnung nie, Dass man zumeist an der der nächsten Kreuzung wieder auf die Originalroute zurück kann reicht mir eigentlich aus ;-)

• Same here. Garmin 1040 solar.  Reroute Garmin crashes and restarts but doesn’t lose previous ride data.  Had it multiple times in a 150km ride and then another ride the previous day 200k but only when off course.