This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UT800 and Varia RTL light network not forming

I have a couple of problems with my lights. The light and radar did not transfer across from my 1030 to 1040 Solar (not a big issue as the other 20 odd did).

1. I can pair the UT800, but it never connects continually saying "searching". I have removed, rebooted and re-added multiple times, with no joy. However, the 1030 will happily connect.

2. The radar pairs fine and the radar works perfectly as expected. However, the lights always say "disconnected". Again, I have tried many pair, unpair, reboot sequences.

Has anyone else encountered issues like this? Or, any suggestions?

• facing exactly this and much more, even with the 16.13. 

much more details here, feel free to contact me via email (france) or to access my data, also face problems on other units, i’ll share the other accounts if this is relevant.

thanks for helping.

• for me, this happens in those 2 cases. restarting the edge or stopping the varia often fix the problems 

• I have this exact problem with both Garmin front and rear lights. The 1040 solar will not pick up the lights. I live in Canada. Rebooted my 1040 it just won’t pick up the sensors. My 1030 picks them up no problem. 

• Yes

UK

cadence sensor connects then drops and then randomly connects/disconnects throughout a ride. Sensor has a new battery, tried manually connecting but it doesn’t and I’ve removed and reconnected the sensor and this hasn’t helped. This all happens whether I’m following a route or not. 

• I have never been able to run the Varia Radars and the Ut800 together using the edge 1030, edge 1030 plus. This has always been an issue. Garmin has never figured it out. this is been going on for over three years.no have the 1040 Solar and I can's pair them. Madness.

• Once I got the new Ut800, no problems. Every once in a while, like today, when I left work earlier and there was lots of traffic, the Radar says it's disconnected with an Error 9, but it's still working. Paired with a 1040 non Solar, they work well. Until I get the new UT800, nothing was working or connecting well.

• To fix the "light network not forming" issue

1. delete all current lights from the 1040

2. Connect the 1040 to your PC and delete the "remote SW" folder 

3. reboot your 1040

4. reinstall your lights

The issue should be fixed now.

• Hi, I discovered a problem today when navigating a route, after starting my 1040 from sleep mode and the varia 515 on after a coffee stop it was not possible to connect to light network. When I finish the route and Pressed stop/save it connected to the light network again? 

• Did you use any other sensors with the Edge that were not reconnecting after the stop? 

• No, all other sensors were connected after the stop. I have now deleted the varia sensor and installed it again. I think it works. The sensor was installed before the 16.13 update so maybe that was the problem ?