This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UT800 and Varia RTL light network not forming

I have a couple of problems with my lights. The light and radar did not transfer across from my 1030 to 1040 Solar (not a big issue as the other 20 odd did).

1. I can pair the UT800, but it never connects continually saying "searching". I have removed, rebooted and re-added multiple times, with no joy. However, the 1030 will happily connect.

2. The radar pairs fine and the radar works perfectly as expected. However, the lights always say "disconnected". Again, I have tried many pair, unpair, reboot sequences.

Has anyone else encountered issues like this? Or, any suggestions?

• It’s seem 1040 has problem with Ant+ sending commands to sensors. Thats causes problems/error when it try to form a light network or update Rally firmware via Ant+ using the 1040.

On the other hand, 1040 seems to have no problem when receiving data traffic from sensors. For example, it can receive data from sensors like heartbeat sensors, speed sensors, and even receiving radar data from Varia via Ant+.

I sincerely hope this behavior can be fix with future firmware updates.

• I have the same problems. Super disappointing that Garmin cannot deliver within its own ecosystem. 95% of the time the edge 1040 solar will drop my ut800 headlight or varia radar/taillight sometime in a 10 mile ride. 

• Yup. The most recent update didn't resolve the issue. It drops the varia more frequently now and there's significant delay in controlling the light network, or there's no control at all.

• Hi and are you experiencing this on 16.13? are you experiencing any other sensors dropping at the same time? (heart rate monitor, power meter, etc) 

• I've this problem after resume the action - i paused the activity, switch the device to have a lunch and not bother others with the light and after resuming one of two times ut800 starts as a solid light (I always use it now as blinking High Visibility mode) and not controlled by my 1040 untill the end of the ride...

• Same problems with 16.13. On my last ride, I turned on the 1040, all lights turn on, then headlight stays at full power for a few min then shuts off completely. At least I was not riding in the dark like earler this year. Heart rate and power meter (both Garmin) have no significant issues connecting (only had a problem once that never repeated).

• Yes, the most recent build. I haven't noticed my heart or power dropping; just the varia radar. The light network has a significant delay in control. I've tried using the different apps to control it without luck. Also the climbing grade readout isn't accurate, like mentioned in other posts.

• Thank you all for your participation in this thread. If you are experiencing inconsistent light network formations with a 1040 on 16.13, please reply with the following information:

• Do we have permission to reach out to you directly?
    • What Country are you located in? 
    • What troubleshooting have you performed?
  • 1) yes
    2) Spain
    3) Removing all the sensors and putting them back starting from UT800 and Radar

• I can report that the problems I originally described (slightly different to the latest ones mentioned) do still exist in the latest build. This has been escalated to Garmin support 6 months more ago, and despite the large amount of information I have provided I am still waiting for a fix.