This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Water stops POI's

In many tests I read that one of the new features of 1040 is its POI database and searching functions that are now extended to find easily water stops. I can't figure out where this function is. Or did I misunderstood something?

• I spoke with Garmin and these point types will be  included in the Cycle Map EU 2022.10 update.

Not sure of the release date for the update, but I would guess sometime in June based on previous years.

• We had a map update in the UK last week but looks like only America South was updated to 2022.10

EU maps are showing as 2021.20

Did I miss something? No EU water sources (in UK)

Edit: And as if by magic, I decided to plug in to the computer to confirm the maps installed and there's another map update available... hopefully this will uplift the EU maps! fingers crossed! 

• what is this icon in upper right corner?

• That is the icon to show that the Radar is paired and is in communication with the Edge. (RTL500, 510,515,315 and RCT715)

• EU map still at 2021.20

South America and US now at 2022.20

Is this being rolled out phased by region?

• I am lookg for this for both NL and the UK. has any one found it yet ?

Is it possible to add custom POI's ?

Julian

• Hi All,

No waterstops in the Netherlands as well.

I have all waterstops available myself and converted the file to a POI file (.gpi).
    On previous devices it was easy to add 'personal POI files' to Garmind Edge and would like to do this on the EDge 1040 Solar as well..
    However when done in the same way as on Garmin Edge 1030 it doesn't work at all.

Have a file of address as well as .gpi file which I would add to the list.

Does anyone knwo how to add 'personal POI files'?

Kind regards,

Ronald

• Hi All,

No waterstops in the Netherlands as well.

I have all waterstops available myself and converted the file to a POI file (.gpi).
    On previous devices it was easy to add 'personal POI files' to Garmind Edge and would like to do this on the EDge 1040 Solar as well..
    However when done in the same way as on Garmin Edge 1030 it doesn't work at all.

Have a file of address as well as .gpi file which I would add to the list.

Does anyone knwo how to add 'personal POI files'?

Kind regards,

Ronald

• I do confirm that also mine with European map (actually south of France), there is no such a thing like Water Stop