This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

4iiii precision 3

I cannot seem to get this one working on the 1040. It sometimes finds the sensor on ant+, but connection is never stable enough to give any output at all. It has never showed on bluetooth. Other sensors connect fine (hr, speed).

Tried resetting and even a new different user. Nothing unfortantly. Also 100% sure it has nothing to do with ciq issue.

It connects within a second to my phone or Fenix 6x, so the problem is defenitly the Edge.

Anyone else seeing this and/or having a working precision 3 on the 1040?

• I have the same problem that you , 4iiii with Garmin Edge 500 that work and a Garmin Forerunner 955 that does not work , but yesterday , after my bike ride , i'm looking on my Garmin Connect for the resume of my ride ... And ... I see my power statistic for the first time from my Forerunner 955 ! I don't no what happen !  I don't ride today , but i put my search further soon ... 

• Thank god I don’t have a faulty product. 

Needless to say that shipping a product that heavily rely on a power meter and that is not following the standard ant+ implementation is a weird choice. Especially for a 600$+ device. 

But it’s ok, everyone can do mistakes. Now, 2 months after the issue being raised on this forum, there has been 0 fix nor detailed updates besides a “we are still working on it”. This is bad.

• Oh shoot, just realized I'm on the same boat, I'd say it's a 4iiii problem because I was having the same issue with my Element Bolt and now with Garmin 1040.

It's not like I can return my PM because it came with my bike :/

• Yes. It's beginning to sound like that. It is also very inconsistent. Works on some and not all. 

Wish both 4iiii and /or Garmin will do a better job communicating that they have identified the root cause and time line for a fix.

At the moment, just we are waiting not knowing  if or when, and loosing confidence with both companies. 

• Exactly, very frustrating, I hope they are not working on fixes and actually spending their whole energy on making sure bugs are fixed.

Sometimes it sucks to be a customer, this is one of those moments specially when you spend on high-end equipment.

• I totally agree. Would be nice if they provided more details and an ETA of a fix and not just generic responses that they are aware and working on fixing. 

4iiii Support are pointing the finger at Garmin. Being that not all Garmin 1040 users are facing the problem, is making me to agree that it is a 4iiii issue. 

There was also a response from Garmin Support regarding the available Ant+ ports. This doesn't explain why on some Garmin 1040 devices, there appears not to be an issue. 

Regardless, like I mentioned previously, the situation is defenitely not in both favor. Both need to put more of an effort to resolve and better communicate. 

• FYI. Issue was mentioned in Shane Miller's latest video

https://youtu.be/r1q8Y2_DwtY

• Just to be sure I took my "old" edge 530 out of the closet again to test with my power meter 4iiii Presicion 3. Works perfectly. Not with my brand new Edge 1040. :-(

• Mine is also working fine, it worked in 12.16 and also 14.14 beta.  I got the 4iiii about a week ago and I updated it while shaking it constantly with the 4iiii app while it was still in the box.  I have the 1040 regular non-solar.

• I just sold my Edge 1040, mainly because of the 4iiii PM issue.

I reached out to both Garmin and 4iiii several times in hope to receive some kind of progress and not a vague update. 

Last week I reached out again to both just to receive the same answer that they are aware of the issue and still working on a fix.

I was hoping by now that they would at least announce that they have found a root cause and provide an estimate time when the fix will be release.

I still don't know if they found the root cause or not and if they plan on providing a fix.

Therefore, I sold my 1040 and replaced it with another competitor.