This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

4iiii precision 3

I cannot seem to get this one working on the 1040. It sometimes finds the sensor on ant+, but connection is never stable enough to give any output at all. It has never showed on bluetooth. Other sensors connect fine (hr, speed).

Tried resetting and even a new different user. Nothing unfortantly. Also 100% sure it has nothing to do with ciq issue.

It connects within a second to my phone or Fenix 6x, so the problem is defenitly the Edge.

Anyone else seeing this and/or having a working precision 3 on the 1040?

• I think I'll have to go the same route, Support should have escalated this issue already.

What is so hard about getting on a call with 4iiii? These people don't know Video calls yet? It's for free...

• Another day bites the dust and not a word from Garmin on a fix yet!

The outdoor road cycling season only has about a month left in Iceland and I would like to be able to use my PM before 2023 Disappointed

• Anyone with P3 and the new update can chime in on whether it is working now?

• I tried it yesterday and still doesn't stay connected.

• 4iiii Viiiiva HRM continues to drift in and out of consciousness on the 1040 running 14.20. Really distracting, not least because the connected/disconnected banner appears every time it comes and goes. I can't believe that it takes this wrong to build a fix for a sensor that works perfectly on all other Garmin devices! Garmin - please let us know if we need to press 4iiii to help sort this out...

• Press 4iiii? We don't even know whose side the problem is since neither Garmin nor 4iiii is being transparent about the issue.

• Of course it‘s not transparent to us users where the problems resides, because both companies are silent on the technical reasons. But given the fact that the 1040 has connecting issues with different sensor which work with other devices (also from garmin) it is in my opinion a clear indication (certainly not a proof) that the problem is not with 4iiii but with garmin‘s 1040. 
    From a legal perspective I understand that 4iiii is not pointing to garmin because this could cause nasty legal discussions. 

• I share your intuition, which is exactly why I find it weird to ask Garmin to "press 4iiii".

• As stated before in this topic, Garmin decided to change (read:narrow) the supported ANT frequencies in the 1040, thereby causing issues when connecting to ANT devices. So, afaik, Garmin should solve this, not 4iiii.

• I assume either Garmin or 4iiii would take it more serious if/once it will begin to have a negative impact on thier business.At the moment, regardless of some of the attention it received on Social media (Shane Miller) and the fact that it is not impacting all 4iiii P3 users, the effort and cost of fixing the issue might not be worth it to them at the moment 

Either

1. learn to live with no Power Meter until it would be fixed (if ever). 

2. Sell your Garmin 1040.

3. Replace your Power Meter.