This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

4iiii precision 3

I cannot seem to get this one working on the 1040. It sometimes finds the sensor on ant+, but connection is never stable enough to give any output at all. It has never showed on bluetooth. Other sensors connect fine (hr, speed).

Tried resetting and even a new different user. Nothing unfortantly. Also 100% sure it has nothing to do with ciq issue.

It connects within a second to my phone or Fenix 6x, so the problem is defenitly the Edge.

Anyone else seeing this and/or having a working precision 3 on the 1040?

• I have submitted a ticket with Garmin and 4iiii they both are aware of the problem. They are working at it.

• I hope this get fixed soon, just bought the power meter 3 weeks prior to getting the 1040 and was working perfectly with my old garmin edge 800 which then unfortunately died  2 weeks later(hence buying the 1040)

• I hope they will fix it soon too. I spoke with Inpeak to ask about the problem. They said that they use standardized protocol and it should work on every device. They looked at my fit files from 1040 and 820 and said that there is evidently something wrong with connection to 1040 but its hard to pinpoint where the problem lies. Most importantly based on the files recorded by 820 powermeter works just as intended.

I'm a bit worried why it takes so long for Garmin to fix this issue.

• I just sent on the support FTP my garmin folder with my activity of the day and fitness logging ANT RX/TX.

Hope this will fix Edge 1040 and 4iiii precision 3 and also gradient lag problems.

Fw 12.16

4iiii fw v1.1

• I try to send in my garmin folder this weekend and hope for the best.

The Garmin 1040 solar has no issues with my Quarq Zero pm.

( Garmin 1040 solar and 4iiii Precision 3 )

• I contacted Garmin support and they say it's a problem of supported ANT+ frequencies between Garmin 1040 and 4iiii. Unfortunately they also insist that it is 4iiii that must fix it. 

Garmin support:

Garmin uses ANT frequencies to pair to sensors. The ANT spectrum for Garmin devices used to be a wide spectrum of frequencies. Example of what it used to be: 100 to 150. As time has gone on - we've narrowed this to spectrum to what we have found to be the best: 120 to 140.

The ironic point is, the original creator for ANT was 4iiii. And eventually Garmin purchased this technology.

Unfortunately, 4iiii stops at 119. Which is outside of the 120 to 140 range that Garmin uses now moving forward.

And from what I understand up to this point in time - it's up to the 4iiii team to adjust their protocols.

• That is a different answer then I got.

4iiii told me it is up to Garmin and they cannot do anything.

Garmin told me it is a software issue, and that THEY are working on it.

• Well that is certainly not reassuring. I would love to hear something officially from Garmin. They are after all the ones that changed something to break it.

• Apologies for the confusion. To be clear, we are investigating the reports of connecting the 1040 with 4iiii Power Meters.   

• I using 4iiii precision 3 single sided. Keep dropping out after 1040 has been upgraded to fw 12.16. Tested on edge 130 plus was working fine.