This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bug: Losing all sensor connections

Today, i became the new Garmin Edge1040,

so I configured it, properly. Connect all my sensors (HRMpro, Quarq Powermeter, Garmin Speedsensor2 ) and started to do a nice hilly ride.. 

but after  a few meters, he lost all connections. Sometimes during the entirely ride, he find them again, for a few seconds.

Parallel to the edge 1040 I used the new Forerunner to wrote the sensordata. It works without Problems. 

Sensor connections to the Forerunner 955 Ant+, to the Edge Bluetooth.

Firmware 12.11 it looks it‘s a early early beta. 

Very sad experience, to play the beta tester for such a device… 

• Hello,

I'm already with the 14.50 and i'm still losing my sensors during the ride.

I also enrolled to the BETA but it seems like i'm already with the last version. Is there anything else i need to do?

Thanks!!

• Did you upgrade from a previous model? If you did it should have copied the sensors across automatically. I could not prove it was a problem, but I uninstalled all the sensors and then reinstalled them. Try that.

Also make sure they are connected via ant+ and not bt

• Hmmm,

Good idea. I´ll do so. Let´s see what happens tomorrow during the ride.

Tkss

• Nope. Keep in mind I have no connection issues at any point until I end a ride. They all reconnect at beginning of a ride without issue.

• i don't get why i'm still facing this issue...

Im already on beta firmware, reinstalled all sensors and i'm still facing 3,4 drops per hour... thats terrible =/

• I'm still facing the same issue with 1040 Solar, 17.29 software version. No IQ apps installed apart from the IQ app itself and 2 data fields: MapDashboardMS and Race Notes.

After starting the activity after a minute or so, all sensors get disconnected. After stopping the activity and Turning off and turning on the device everything works fine and I can continue without any problems.

Can you please help getting this resolved?

• I'm still facing the same issue with 1040 Solar, 17.29 software version. No IQ apps installed apart from the IQ app itself and 2 data fields: MapDashboardMS and Race Notes.

After starting the activity after a minute or so, all sensors get disconnected. After stopping the activity and Turning off and turning on the device everything works fine and I can continue without any problems.

Sensors: Garmin Speed sensor, Inpeak power meter, Shimano Di2, Garmin HR Tri.

Can you please help getting this resolved?

• Ditto, I had all sensors (Varia, PM, HRM) drop at the same time the other day.  The only way to restore them was to power cycle the device (where they all instantly reacquired).  On 17.29 firmware. 

Really, really, annoying 

• I bought Edge 1040 a couple of months ago. And it worked fine until I added Connect IQ widget as a data field to the activity. Two scenarios happen but the workaround to reconnect sensors is the same.

The first scenario with WIFI:

The device is at a wifi distance everything works fine: Garmin has all sensors found and Connect IQ widget works fine. When moving away from wifi connection garmin suddenly loses all sensor connections and can not reconnect to sensors (deleting the sensor and trying to add again does not work as well, turning it off and on again also not works). The workaround that I found is I need to click the menu button (bottom right) > Connect IQ > Connect IQ Store and wait until it expires, after an unsuccessful connection all sensors come back online.

Another scenario without:

Before starting the activity I have all sensors connected to Edge. After starting an activity without wifi everything repeats with losing all sensors. And trying to connect to the IQ store and failing to do so helps Edge to reconnect back to sensors.

What I have noticed as well, I have an activity setting if I am stationary to auto-pause. When losing wifi connection and being stationary - the activity starts and then goes to pause again. When failing to connect to the IQ store and getting reconnected back to sensors it does again - starts and pauses again activity.

The edge firmware version is the latest 17.29

I would like to see a reply from Garmin that they are still aware of this problem and looking into resolving it.

• I have the WindField app, and I believe it relies on the Bluetooth connection to my Pixel 7 Pro for its data stream as it updates every 5 or 10-minutes, IIRC. I have their latest version installed, and it appears to function reliably.

I lost my sensors when firmware 17.29 was installed, so I deleted all the saved sensors and added them back manually, and haven't had any issues as long as I Power Off the 1040 head unit upon completion of my daily fitness ride. When I choose Sleep mode the sensors randomly disappear a few minutes into a ride.

I appreciate your curiosity testing various scenarios. Kudos!