This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 1030 Public Beta 9.68 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 1030 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found in the link below.

Edge 1030 (9.68): https://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=12819 

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 9.50 to 9.68:

• Segments:
    Fixed issue with detecting segments that were going in the opposite direction of travel
    Improved segment and ClimbPro UI cooperation
    Fixed issues when approaching a segment embedded in a course and other minor segment UI issues
    Fixed issue where segment virtual partners would claim to be finished almost immediately after starting the segment
  • ClimbPro:
    Improved estimated time to end of a ClimbPro climb
    Fixed ClimbPro page graph drawing
    Fixed issue where disabling 'Pop-up on Climb Approach' would disable ClimbPro completely
  • Improved iPhone pairing
  • Improved sensor connectivity
  • Improved automatic FTP detection
  • Added Go Back, Pause, and Go Forward workout step controls to the workout tray
  • Added support for new GPS firmware. Sync your device to update to the new firmware
  • Added option to delete a data field in quick edit mode. Access by pressing and holding a data field on a timer page.
  • Improved grit and flow consistency between Garmin products
  • Improved bike light connection stability
  • Fixed bike alarm not turning off after correct password was entered
  • Fixed radar vehicle drawing temporarily not updating
  • Added a shortcut to the display menu by pressing and holding the Auto Brightness button on the status widget
  • Added a toggle for MTB map theme
  • Improved MTB trail search UI
  • Fixed issue where history line wasn't updated while panning in the map
  • Fixed issue with the number of power zones displayed post ride
  • Fixed dual sided power meter calibration factor reporting only one side
  • Fixed Firstbeat metrics for multiple rides during the same power cycle
  • Fixed Training Effect UI layout
  • Removed unnecessary beeps for notifications that don't need them
  • Fixed timezone map downloads from WiFi
  • Fixed issue with power targets in TCX workouts
  • Made various device stability improvements
  • @Gamin-Matthew Is this Beta 9.66 or 9.68? & does it solve the debacle that was 9.66, which has been bricking devices Including mine? 

• - Sorry that was a typo. This is a new Public Beta (9.68). If you are not able to recover your Edge after installing this Beta, please let me know.

• Does this solve the error 8 shutdown crashes that was deleting all of the data pages?  (Possibly related to having Connect IQ data fields installed)?

• OK, upgraded from 9.50 to 9.68.  Did a backup first with my edge backup utility.  (very thankful I built that thing now.).   

It was a bit scary as my 1030 tried to come up.  It tried to init past the splashscreen, and then rebooted, and was stuck in bootloop.  Plugged it into PC hoping to get access to it, and no dice.  Had a conference call and left it plugged into personal PC in frustration and stormed off and went about my business.  :)   Came back an hour later and it was actually connected to my PC, and I could sync it OK.  Pulled it off the PC and things are still good.  CIQ screens and fields are still in place.  Last test was a coldboot, and it still came up.

_ do I need to submit anything up for the bootloop?  That went on for a while, and not sure how long as I left and came back.  Definitely got my attention. .

• Thanks for the response. Just to be on the safe side I'll leave it until after the weekend before risking installation. It took me a good 5+ hours to recover & rollback my Edge to 9.50 from 9.66

• ahh tandem posting... perhaps I'll leave it a bit longer before installing this one

• I've had upgrade issues all through 9.x releases.  I got some positive acknowledgement on a 9.48 bug report, and request for more logs which I sent along.  Hopefully it's getting closer to fixed.  I didn't have to do a hard reset this time, and it recovered on it's own at least.  Pretty sure I got earlier revision hardware since purchased it a couple months after release, so no idea if that is a factor in some of this "entertainment".  lol

• This boot loop problem sounds scary enough to  hold on with the upgrade. Especially thah only yesterday I've received a replacement device for a bricked one because of the the 9.66...

• Thanks for sharing your experiences. I was originally sent f/w 9.66 by garmin support directly as they'd apparently fixed an issue I'd reported. I never got to test it though as my Edge was booting to a blank screen almost every time with 9.66 & it took a lot of effort to recover. That was the first time in a long while since I've had any issues updating to any f/w beta or production. It was a good job I routinely back up my edge before installing any f/w. I'll have to try out your utility

This is my 4th 1030 now as the others have been replaced because of the blue halo, This one should be on a new(ish) hardware as it's got the revised touchscreen controller

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Garmin-Matthew

well have I ever Smile silly firmware hardware frying...

in my stupidity I opened my 1030 because it got hot charging and not starting whatever I did

never suspected Garmin to be alive again Wink

first crash I got it back alive with long press power button....second time nada zilch nothing rien niks nichts...

happy & safe sporting