This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is this the well documented screen halo?

what is the process of having it fixed? It’s about 16 months old.

• Yes it is.

Please contact with Garmin support. It should be no issue to change it, but they will send you a refurbished unit.

Regards

• It's just cosmetic correct? No impact on functionality.

• Correct it does not impact functionality, though it will progressively impact visibility. Garmin has fixed this issue in newer builds of this unit. Contact Garmin Support and see if they will replace the unit for you.

• I’ve contacted garmin uk so will see what they come back with.

•     I go for my 5Th Garmin Edge 1030 in 1,5 years. It is a shame. Every pro cyclist showing their 1030 has a terrible Blue halo. Is this normal?. My last Garmin unit.

• Garmin have been great so far and sorted me out a rma number so it’s going back tomorrow. They say they’ll give a recon unit which I’m fine with. Hopefully won’t have any further issues with the halo and it’s appearance!

• If you get a refurbished unit now, this issue should be solved for you as you will get a new screen revision.

My edge 1030 is now solid, it took a while to iron out most bugs from launch but it's currently very reliable and at this stage a great head unit.

I have all common sensors paired except electric shifting which is a gimmick (heart rate, power, speed and radar + light) and I can't remember when the unit last crashed.

•    we are talking about the screen. This revision will have blue hallo in 6 months. we are going to see it. The same in the 820. 4 years with halo in the first and the last series and years.

• We'll see, but I doubt the halo will re-appear. If it does I will exchange it again even if it's out of warranty, I have all the original e-mails with Garmin as reference and part of the purpose of a warranty is to solve defects in materials and workmanship, not to replace defective hardware with new defective hardware.

If the halo re-appears they have not honoured their warranty obligations as they have told me explicitly that all old problematic screens have been pulled from production and the problem is fixed, either way I believe it's fixed as they don't have a leg to stand on if it resurfaces and they try to deny people a replacement.