This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is this the well documented screen halo?

what is the process of having it fixed? It’s about 16 months old.

•    They have been saying this in the edge 820 during the 4 years in the market. In the 1030 is the same issue and the same answer, nothing. Only look at instagram edge 820 and 1030 of pro cyclist. All of them with blue halo.

• It is definitely fixed now on the 820 and 1030. I suspect that as most of the pro cyclist don't pay for their head units that they don't bother with going through the process of a warranty exchange. Many will be getting new units 530/830 depending on their sponsorship program.

• Thanks for the info. Just finished the process to get a replacement unit. Luckily, even though my 1030 is out of warranty, they are going to provide a replacement.

• How common is this problem.  Will all Edge 1030 units develop this issue eventually?

I bought my unit in April 2018 so the warranty has expired.  In the future, if my unit develops this issue will Garmin still fix it?

• This issue appears very common, if you bought yours in April 2018 then there is a high likelihood that it will be affected as it has the old screen type. They are using a newer type of screen from approximately December 2018 onward. I'm hoping they will help you out since it's a known issue and not some sporadic occurrence.

• I leave in Greece. I had my first Garmin 1030 replaced due halo effect. After 6 months I have the same problem. Obviously the importer is sending me back a refurbished unit.I I want a brand new one in a shielded box.

What can I do so that they will be sure that my new device is screen revised

• I leave in Greece. I had my first Garmin 1030 replaced due halo effect. After 6 months I have the same problem. Obviously the importer is sending me back a refurbished unit.I I want a brand new one in a shielded box.

What can I do so that they will be sure that my new device is screen revised

• To see if you have the new screen check the TSC number under - SYSTEM - ABOUT - COPYRIGHT INFO.  The blue halo screens were TSC 85.11.0 and the new screens without blue halo are TSC 86.04.00.

I would not worry about getting a refurbished unit.  The only part that Garmin re-uses is the printed circuit board. The outer casing and battery are new.  The refurbished unit looks exactly like a brand new unit.

• Yes, the refurb units are like new from what I’ve read. The new unit needs to have the 86.04.00 tsc version.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to aweatherall

No, Got the same issue on the "new batch device", just 6 months old now.
    The problem seems to me the time you use the device, not the production batch.
    My supplier got the same issue on a brand new demo device in the shop, which is "on" for 24 hours a day.