Edge 1030 Garmin Folder not showing sub folders on Mac

since there is not a Edge 1030 page that i can find… i am here….  please forward as appropriate.

Date June 3 2024

so,  does any one have an issue with connecting the Edge 1030 version 13.75 to a Mac Mini A1 chip Sonoma 14.5 .  By this i mean the unit connects and i see the GARMIN folder however when i select the GARMIN folder nothing is displayed.  When i connect my Edge 1030 Plus in the exact same manner (using the very same cable) all the sub folders display as expected.  The 1030 issues started about a week’ish ago after updating the unit.  prior to this “update” (which seemed mostly of Garmin workouts) I have had zero issues with opening the Garmin folder on the mac with the 1030

Interesting event is that i can use Garmin express and it shows the unit as online and does update the Power Curve with no issues or it says that it has.  

The 1030 does have a 16GB memory card in it and I can “open” the Garmin folder on the memory card and see all the sub-folders.

As well i have a Mac Mini High Sierra Version 10.13.6 Intel and the 1030 works or displays the GARMIN folder  and sub folders as expected

• I'm having exactly the same issue.  I can the directories on a Windows 11 system, but not with MacOS.

• hello 1133021,

So, i was able to correct this problem the other day with my Mac…. here is what i did

It came upon me, as i sat and pondered the who/what/why/when/how that the edge is an external USB storage device.  So, off to the Disk Utility menu…..

In my world my unit is named GARMIN 1030.  So, replace this name with whatever the name of your unit is if it is different

FIRST back up all your FIT files on your Window machine or wherever you can.  and or follow Garmin’s notes how to back up all your settings… otherwise if it all really goes amuck you are starting over at ground zero and may find new settings to set up as you resetting up your set up….. yes i am being a smart a$$…. ha ha

but do and try and back up per Garmin’s procedures….. i know they have them out there somewhere.

1. Open FINDER

2. Find and open the APPLICATIONS folder

3. Find and open the UTILITIES folder

4. Find and double click the DISK UTILIITY.APP 

5. Find GARMIN 1030 in the left column and select ( one click of the left mouse button ) It should  now be highlighted in blue

6. Right click on GARMIN 1030 and a menu will display and select RUN FIRST AID...

7. A window will appear and will be executing…. well… First Aid….

7. This took about 10 seconds for my system.  Let it run and sort itself out….

8. In the lower right of this window wait for the DONE selection to turn BLUE as this indicates it has completed. When BLUE select it and the window will be removed

9. Go to the FINDER window and EJECT the GARMIN 1030.

10. Unplug the USB cable and wait for the EDGE 1030 to do what ever Garmin has it does after removing it from the USB connection.  My Edge always turns on. So, I wait for it to “boot/power” up then I power it off.  

Side Tangent —— I have not a clue if this is normal or not, but it is pretty dumb that just by removing a USB connection or “ejecting”  the unit “powers up”… just dumb.  unless there is a hidden setting some place on the until that i am unaware of that causes this…. let me know if anyone has a thought on this.

11.  Reconnect to the USB cable to the Mac and see if you can now  see the FIT files.  With the 1030+ the files appear quickly with he 1030, after the procedure noted above, it takes about 10 seconds for the files to appear for me.  Of course… results may var.. ha ha ah 

Good luck and hope this helps

• Thank you!  After some poking around in the Apple forums earlier today, I landed at the disk utility app as well.  It turned out that there was some kind of disk error.  Once that had been resolved, Finder displayed the contents of the directories correctly again.