This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will comes the next updates with new future?

Hello,

since few months no updates?
Why is there nothing coming?

Thank u.

BR

• Yes I heard good things about the Karoo 2. 

• Hardly. I’ve had 4 Wahoo units and they’re just as prone to glitches as all the other manufacturers. Sure you’ll see more moans about Garmin but then they sell far more units than Wahoo. 

karoo 2 would have been my choice until Shimano  threw their teddy out to stop it working with Di2. 

• Séries 30 devices are still being sold as new in many webstores. Bikeinn, bike24, mantel. Bike-discount still have them on stock, and not at discount prices. So someone is going to buy those devices and realize they are no longer supported in terms of new firmware, and sensor dropouts are still common. 

Garmin is the new Nokia. I have spoken 

• The most important question is:

if they introduce "Unified Training Status" to Garmin 1030 (Plus).

Garmin 1030 is still super fresh device and it is super annoying to have different statuses on Fenix 7 and Garmin 1030 Plus.

• It's easy.
    We are selling Garmin and buying a brand that also thinks about its customers' older devices.
    Goodbye Garmin !

• Garmin needs to slow down with new units and getting firmwares to work correctly. 

• Exactly!

This is totally not OK that for example "Garmin 1030 Plus" which is still on market - including official Garmin web:

https://www.garmin.com/de-DE/c/sports-fitness/cycling-bike-computers-bike-radar-power-meter-headlights/#shopallcycling

is actually outdated without updates and fixes.

Even Apple supports MacBooks for 10 years which is long after they disappear from market...

• This seems to have become a mental noun for Garmin. More and more disappointments. The last version of the firmware also gives me trouble for my 1030+ device and that:

- the screen lighting is turned off once and once not, whether it is in automatic mode or set to a certain length of time

- upload of rides: one time it is uploaded, one time it is not - as it pleases

- alarm for drinking water if it is on Intelligent then it reminds once and does not

- the problem with Re-routing is completely unusable for them at the time because it constantly reports an error in Re-routing

- the device no longer shows turns while driving - that fat white arrow at the top of the screen does not appear and the triangle of the current position is still unusably small so that I often have to stop while driving and check my real position by zooming out the map

- the theme of the map does not change when changing from high contrast to MTB or to Classic...

I'm thinking of selling this piece of junk and switching to a Wahoo or another brand.

• And we must stop buying their products. I’m gone. Wahoo Roam and AW Ultra replaced the edge 530 and Enduro. 

wahoo Roam v1 - launched 2019, latest firmware 7/11/2023. Zero sensor disconnections, immediate workout upload to Strava, much better screen. 

If you don’t feel appreciated like I was feeling the change is an option.