This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1030 plus randomly shuts down and restarts

Mid ride my 1030 plus will restart for no obvious reason. It takes time then to re-establish itself and find sensors and gps etc. I am running Varia light, HRM, live track and Garmin power pedals. 

• I have done a full reset on my 1030Plus and it has been ok for a few weeks. Had to recreate all profiles and screens which is very annoying. Not sure if this is the fix yet.

• It isn't a fix as it happened again today. I noticed that it disconnected from all my Bluetooth connections (HR, Power and Varia Light - All Garmin!!!) before shutting down. Perhaps a link to a Bluetooth connectivity issue?

• My impression is that it is a bluetooth issue.  I have not had the issue since i turned off livetrack (connected to an iphone 13).  My remaining connections are HR and Power Meter which are both using ANT+. 

• I certainly agree that it is a bluetooth issue. Will work through my devices to see which one it is.

• Hi,

i have the same problem! I live in Rome.

/Fabrizio

• if you want reliability get a wahoo!

• I started having this problem with my 1030+ about three months ago.  This is the same problem I had with my old 520 unit as well which caused me to upgrade to the 1030+.  I am starting to think Garmin plants these bugs in their units so you upgrade.  If they don't get this fixed soon I am done with Garmin.

• Still no issue issue for me since i turned off livetrack.  Based on anecdotal evidence this may be more of an issue with the iphone bluetooth stack than a solely Garmin issue.  

• I am using the newest Android.  Regardless, livetrack is a safety feature, especially for those that cycle in remote areas.  Garmin should at least respond in a timely manner with updates to support tickets.  I feel once they sell you the device Garmin can careless about you.  I have several Garmin products - radar, power pedals, etc.  I am starting to regret being in their ecosystem.  Should have went with wahoo or hammerhead.

• If you are experiencing this with Android then this points to the issue being with Garmin.  Totally agree with you that Garmin needs to respond better to users issues especially to people such as yourself who have bought a number of their products which should all work seamlessly together.