This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Random disconnection/connection of sensors and phone (Edge 1030+)

My Edge 1030+ has been changed by Garmin France's service department by a new one, following untimely and random disconnections/connections of all my sensors (heart rate, cadence, remote control, and radar) and the phone. It was in version 6.40.

The Edge received as a replacement, was in version 6.10 but I decided not to update (to 6.50) to test this version: disaster: at the 1st use, disconnections/connections without stop during one hour, I was able to finish my two hours ride without disconnection.

The second 3 hours ride: disconnections/connections without stop, a restart of the Edge without having touched it, frozen screen with stop of the recording of the ride, impossible to reconnect the sensors and the phone (the numbers on the data screen were frozen) and totally blocked at the end of the activity.

I decided to switch to 6.50.

I leave for 3 hours the next day and after 1h10, disconnections/connections for an hour (I turned off the GPS to turn it back on: it had no effect), nothing for 40mn and then, it starts again until the arrival without crashing the Edge.

All sensors are Garmin except the heart (Livlov).
When I talk about disconnections/connections, it's ALL the sensors AND the phone that disconnect to reconnect immediately after.
It happens randomly.
Impossible to access Ant and bluetooth connection settings in the 1030+.

This has been going on for several months with updates to the 1030+ that do not resolve the erratic operation of Ant and bluetooth connections. Too bad because it is a good device (when everything works!).

I am ready to send diagnostic logs to Garmin support but I don't know the exact procedure (diagnostic -> ANT logging -> ANT RX TX -> activate).

I see in the forum some users of the 1030+ who encounter the same problems as me: did you solve these problems?

Thanks!

• Same here, this 1030 Plus GPS is a joke !
    I can't now even synchronise with my phone ! My old Edge1000 is still working with my phone and with all my sensors !

• Today, on a 3h00 cycling activity, after 30 mn, disconnections/connections without stop (every 2 minutes), and after one hour, crash of the Edge with a restart, then some disconnections/connections afterwards, no disconnection/connection during one hour until the arrival.
    Completely random.
    I stopped the RVR315 radar but that didn't stop the disconnects/connections.
    In the diagnostic, error reports, dated from the above mentioned trip, I have  two errors:

RTL Trap
    r0 62FF22B8
    r1 60B1D324
    r2 000000DA
    r3 60B1D314
    r4 à r15 00000000
    errn 6E5D8017

Low Battery
    my battery was more than 60%.

• I've been having random disconnect issues since I purchased it last year.  The speed sensor, my HRM-Pro, and Varia radar will randomly disconnect and reconnect on rides. 

i just got off a call w Garmin Support and they basically said to change all the batteries (already done) and remove/add the sensors (also already done).  Neither helped. 

Looking through the forums, there are posts going back 2 years about this issue and I guess, never fixed.  The Edge is still usable, but it's frustrating all the same.

• Garmin's French support does not respond to requests for assistance.
    I offered to help them with the logs (diagnosis) of my edge, I sent a maximum of information concerning these problems incessant disconnections at their request.
    No return, it feels like talking to a wall.
    The assistance is not at all up to the quality of their device (when they work!)

Very frustrating to buy an Edge 1030 plus at over 500 euros that does not work with non-existent support!

• I got a response on Twitter Garmin France.
    But the solution did not work.
    With the version of Connect 4.60 on the phone, you have to remove the Edge from the Connect app and the bluetooth connections from the phone and re-pair everything.
    I had so many disconnections reconnections that the 1030+ crashed!
    I'm getting tired of it!

• Problem solved: no more disconnection

here's how Garmin on Twitter helped me:

- Do an activity removing ALL sensors and phone from the 1030+.

- Then, check if all your devices are up to date.

- Do an activity again by reconnecting all your sensors and phone.

And there, surprise: no disconnection in 6 hours of activity. Even the alerts on the 1030+ work.

It was more than a year that I encountered these disconnections in bursts. The last update was supposed (6.50) to fix these "ANT bursts".)

I'm very happy now to be able to ride my bike without this constant fireworks of beeps!

• Ca fonctionne toujours ?

• j'ai fait plus de 10 heures d'activité vélo et aucune déconnexion !

Avant, j'avais environ une déconnexion toutes les 1 à 2 minutes sur des activités de 3 heures:c'était infernal ! Et le Edge plantait parfois.

• Do an activity removing ALL sensors and phone from the 1030+.

You mean delete all sensors from Edge and do some activity, no matter how long, with phone disconnected?

• Yes, indeed, you are right, I should have been more specific!
    You have to remove (not deactivate) ALL the sensors and the phone of the 1030+.
    Then, Garmin France (Twitter) asked me to do ONE activity so leave your sensors at home (if you can remove them from your bike) and deactivate the bluetooth of your phone. You must avoid that the 1030+ connects.
    End your activity.
    Then, after uninstalling the Connect app on your smartphone, reinstall it to add your Edge.
    Add your sensors.
    Do an activity.
    I have no disconnection after 10+ hours of activity.
    Does this manipulation work for everyone: I don't know and that's why I share my experience here hoping to get feedback from users encountering this problem (over for me now!)
    Have a nice trip!