This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Random disconnection/connection of sensors and phone (Edge 1030+)

My Edge 1030+ has been changed by Garmin France's service department by a new one, following untimely and random disconnections/connections of all my sensors (heart rate, cadence, remote control, and radar) and the phone. It was in version 6.40.

The Edge received as a replacement, was in version 6.10 but I decided not to update (to 6.50) to test this version: disaster: at the 1st use, disconnections/connections without stop during one hour, I was able to finish my two hours ride without disconnection.

The second 3 hours ride: disconnections/connections without stop, a restart of the Edge without having touched it, frozen screen with stop of the recording of the ride, impossible to reconnect the sensors and the phone (the numbers on the data screen were frozen) and totally blocked at the end of the activity.

I decided to switch to 6.50.

I leave for 3 hours the next day and after 1h10, disconnections/connections for an hour (I turned off the GPS to turn it back on: it had no effect), nothing for 40mn and then, it starts again until the arrival without crashing the Edge.

All sensors are Garmin except the heart (Livlov).
When I talk about disconnections/connections, it's ALL the sensors AND the phone that disconnect to reconnect immediately after.
It happens randomly.
Impossible to access Ant and bluetooth connection settings in the 1030+.

This has been going on for several months with updates to the 1030+ that do not resolve the erratic operation of Ant and bluetooth connections. Too bad because it is a good device (when everything works!).

I am ready to send diagnostic logs to Garmin support but I don't know the exact procedure (diagnostic -> ANT logging -> ANT RX TX -> activate).

I see in the forum some users of the 1030+ who encounter the same problems as me: did you solve these problems?

Thanks!