This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

12-speed Di2 gear combo field doesn't work on version 6.30

Yesterday I was helping a friend add some new Di2 fields.  He has the 12-speed Di2.  On his 1030 (non-plus) the field showed 0-0.  I have the 11-speed Di2 and a 1030 Plus and on mine the field is working just fine.  I'm wondering if this is a bug specific to the 12-speed Di2.  Has anyone seeing the same issue on the 12-speed Di2?

• I initially found, after pairing a 1030 with 12-speed SRAM AXS, that it wouldn't allow me to choose more than 11-speeds. However, after shifting up and down the cassette across all the gears while the 1030 was paired with the sensor, it then allowed 12-speeds to be chosen.

• I think 13.4.  Edge 1030.  Now that I read this entire thread, I get it.  But, I will describe my 1st use behavior which you might not realize since you are already set up.  The 1st time I opened the DI2 sensor settings on the Garmin, the only options were 11 speed.  And, it felt that there were fewer settings to select, though I can't remember.  But, after pairing with the bike for a few times (which takes forever) and turning the Garmin on and off a few times.  Now, the 12-speed settings are all there - plus a few extra fields.

So, my lesson learned (and advice to others), is that you have to let the devices synch with each other for a bit to get the Garmin to recognize the Shimano Ultegra R8150.  And that said, the Gear Options were set to "AUTO", but the display didn't show the values, so turned off AUTO and selected the front and rear gears manually.  Now, all is visually fine.  I haven't yet gone for a ride though!