This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensors not auto-connecting after 6.10 upgrade

For me, prior to the latest 6.10 firmware update on my Edge 1030 Plus, my sensors would all connect automatically when I turned on the unit and started a ride, including heart, power/cadence, speed, and even Bontrager lights.

Now none of them auto-connect. I have to go into Settings/Sensors and manually connect each one individually, and turn on my lights manually (Oh the horror! I know right?) They are still paired; that's not the issue. And I don't have any issues with dropped connections during a ride. It's just the initial connection at the start of a ride. 

It does, however, connect to all of my Sram Red eTap components without a problem.

• I have the same problem on 6.40.  Lights and Stage Power Meter won't connect, only my HRM.  Will to delete all of them and try again.

• Same issue started for me yesterday (26th May). I have Varia lights, speed, cadence, XC pedals, HRM-Pro... All Garmin devices.

Yesterday morning my 1030 Plus decided it wasn't connecting to any of them unless I went through the manual connection process.

Heading out for a ride shortly, so I'll let it "soak" for 10 minutes and see what happens.

• So two days ago, the Edge decided it needed to upgrade the driver for the speed sensor that came with it. Yesterday, I hopped on, turned on the Edge and magically all of my sensors connected automatically.

I'm crossing my fingers for today's ride.

My guess is that it needed to do this for a while and that when it has trouble connecting to one sensor, it gives up and the auto search and that's when you have to manually connect. Either way, it's something they need to confirm

• Hi
    I'm having the same issue with my 1030 plus and 6.4 firmware.
    I have tried re-paring all devices, with same result.
    i also thougt it was the update for the bundled speed sensor that might be somehow blocking, but I finally got it updatede to 4.0 but still no autoconnection when starting a training sesseion.

• I too am having some trouble connecting my cadence sensor. Battery is new but it doesn't seem to auto connect when I start my ride. If I search or try to connect to it while riding it seems to have trouble connecting to it.  

• I have to manually connect my sensors to the 1030P at the start of a ride as well. I factory defaulted the unit and re paired all the sensors. The next ride the sensors all connected automatically so I thought the problem was fixed. The next ride though it went back to requiring me to connect manually to each sensor at the beginning of the ride.

Very frustrating.

• Garmin... just as always. They don't fix any existing issues but successfully produce new and even more annoying issues.

This kind of issues have to be fixed in hours. But no... Even after months nothing has been fixed.

• I wound back to 6.10 which works fine. I had sensor issues with 6.30 and 6.40. This issue has been around for months. I don't know why Garmin can't sort it out.

• It was perfectly fine with auto connect of all my sensors even when I switched my bikes as they all have their own stand alone sensors. After I did the 6.40 update my nightmare started and now I am having the exact same problem happening for the last month… I thought it was all my HRM, speed sensor, PM etc etc so I decided to change all the batteries and continue to test it out for the last 4 to 5 rides.. it did not solve any problem…

• Hi. Can you let us know / point us in the right direction on how you get back to a previous firmware version. Thanks.