This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensors not auto-connecting after 6.10 upgrade

For me, prior to the latest 6.10 firmware update on my Edge 1030 Plus, my sensors would all connect automatically when I turned on the unit and started a ride, including heart, power/cadence, speed, and even Bontrager lights.

Now none of them auto-connect. I have to go into Settings/Sensors and manually connect each one individually, and turn on my lights manually (Oh the horror! I know right?) They are still paired; that's not the issue. And I don't have any issues with dropped connections during a ride. It's just the initial connection at the start of a ride. 

It does, however, connect to all of my Sram Red eTap components without a problem.

• Di2, eTap, DuoTrap, Garmin Speed, Garmin Heart, Edge Remote, Bontrager Ion 200 RT/ Flare RT  -   all wthout problems :-) Really !!

• I’m experiencing exactly the same problem, since the 6.10 update 2 months ago. Most of my sensors, on both my race and MTB don’t auto connect at start of a ride.  Every 1 out of 5 rides they do auto connect. Have to go in the sensor screen and start connecting sensors one by one.  When I take a short break during a ride (2-3 mins) the problem reoccurs, but some senders then connect again automatically after a few minutes.  Sensors are hrm dual, wahoo speed and cadence, MTB srm axs, race srm axs, quarq power meter…

• I moved to 6.26 beta today.  Regarding sensors, this way my first trouble free ride in months, since I move to 6.10. Auto connected at the start of the ride, the Sram AXS sensors disconnected during a short shop, but reconnected at restart, and no sensor losses and reconnections during the ride either.  Hope it stays like this.

• My Edge 1030 has the same issue with Cadence, Power and Speed sensors; must manually connect them each ride. HRM always auto connects. My Edge is at version 13.20. Very frustrating! Also, during a ride it frequently displays "Found Cadence Sensor", even though cadence was continuously displayed, with no dropouts.

• Hmmmm, I have started getting the same thing with my Edge 1030+. Has anyone tried a full factory reset of the Garmin? Just asking to save me deleting everything and starting again.

• Did you give the reset a try? 

• If you following this link here you can backup your settings before a factory reset and then restore your profile settings.

• I have a 1030+ with 6.40 and am having the same issue.  After last update, my bike will no longer auto sync any sensors.  This used to work without issue every time for over a year!  Has anyone fixed this?

• I upgraded my 1030 plus to 6.40 yesterday. No problems at all. Every sensor is still working fine, happy with 6.40 so far Slight smile

• Garmin reached out to me and asked if I had deleted all my connected sensors and repaired them.  I had not, so I gave it a try. I deleted and re-paired my HRM, Garmin cadence, Garmin Speed sensor, and my Assioma Power Pedals.  The second time I rode my bike after this they all connected automatically. Success! Oops, the very next ride it was back to failing to automatically connect and I still have to manually connect all sensors every ride. Disappointing!