This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Message: GPS signal is lost in Indoor Training even if set off in Indoor profile setup

So the question is... I have configured the Indoor training profile, and for this profile I've selected the GPS option to OFF (no GPS, no GPS+Galileo nor GPS+GLONASS, just OFF), but when I set the Indoor profile it seems is still looking for GPS as it is constantly appearing the message "GPS signal is lost" and then bip again (with no message) when GPS signal is found and then again the bip and the message of GPS signal is lost", and again and again...  with the constant BIPS.

Does anyone know how to disable GPS for a profile to ensure GPS is trully OFF and not looking for a GPS signal?

Regards,

Manuel.

• Just finished zwift ride in my basement wgere I kept my Edge 1030+ on and no issues - GPS remain off, uploaded record is without any map and with correct type - Spinning.

• I did a new test. If you start the garmin with a profile with no GPS then works fine without looking for GPS's satelites. But if you change to another profile (with GPS on) and then to the profile with GPS off then it is still on even if in the profile is off. That is the more precise bug description.

That is the reason probably that for you, if you start and shut down with that profile with GPS off and no change between profiles is working fine (without looking for satelites).

• I did a new test. If you start the garmin with a profile with no GPS then works fine without looking for GPS's satelites. But if you change to another profile (with GPS on) and then to the profile with GPS off then it is still on even if in the profile is off. That is the more precise bug description.

I have seen that behaviour. It's been around since at least a 4.00 firmware. (First started using Indoor profile with 4.00 firmware.)