This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will be a next release of a new edge 1030 model?

Hi, I wanted to buy Garmin edge 1030 but then I supposed that maybe Garmin is going to present a new model this season. 

• why would they? The 1030 Plus is just a over a half year old.

• Garmin doesn't release replacement models so frequently.

The gap is more like 3 years (or more).

• Plus is revised Version for the 1030 and not brand new device, so from 1030 release its been around 3 years, so yes , they can release soon 1040 or another model

Also lack of firmware releases from more than 4-5 months means that they are cooking something

but this does not mean that you cannot buy 1030 or 1030+ version

• They just released a new beta firmware for the 1030+.

The 1030+ is still new and it's significantly different (a faster CPU and a compass).

• Yes, but just dont want to waste of money

• It wouldn't be a "waste" of money unless the unit as-is didn't do what you need it to do.

================================

The 1030+ is new. It's still being updated. There's no history of Garmin replacing models in such a short time.

It doesn't seem likely at all that Garmin is going to replace the 1030+ any time soon (in this year, at least).

================================

I would strongly suggest not getting the 1030 unless you can get it cheap (at least $100 less than the 1030+).

The 1030+ is significantly better than the 1030.

• As far aa I know it has issues that 1030 does not have , delay in grade , temperature higher than reality

in what way is better? Because is black?

If if faster , is with 5-10% percent...

• It's a faster CPU. The navigation software stuff works better. It has direction arrows (with the beta) showing route direction. It has a compass (which isn't crucial but still useful).

The temperature isn't the same across different instances of the same model (whatever the model).

(I wonder why people care so much about the temperature.)

The 1030 is still an OK unit. But I bet it has problems too.

so yes , they can release soon 1040 or another model

If you think the 1030+ has too many problems, the replacement is likely to have even more (at first).

• Software is the same across models, it will be released for all , this is the first beta released only for +

I never had problems with 1030, sure, it has some fw issues, fixed or not, 

Besides loading courses that takes some time, navigation is rock solid...i am not sure how it can be faster...

I dont know but my 1030 it was replaced, and it seems another revision ,after the replacement due to warranty, seems faster 

Maybe I will get it from somewere to compare them