This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1030 + gradient issue

My new 1030 plus is a replacement for 810.

the gradient is so slow the climb is half over before it is correct. Speed display jumps all over the place. Strava routes are nearly impossible to load.

I had them last week, but they have now disappeared. Is this really the best that Garmin can do?

what a rubbish device.

• I've submitted debugging logs to Garmin and suggest others do the same. 

I‘m wondering which debugging logs should help in this case.
    They should go out and test it. It‘s done in 20 minutes.
    Ridiculous!

• Thats the point! If they -GARMIN- look at the logs files they will not  -probably- see anyting. Why? Because if they look at the Altitude and the algorithm that calculate the gradient they will not see any error. All data will be right.

The ISSUE is that Altitude data is wrong (it has a delay of 30-40 seconds)

• The ISSUE is that Altitude data is wrong (it has a delay of 30-40 seconds)

…and the gradient calculation lags another 10 to 20 seconds compared to IQ gradient datafields!

• A certain delay is always necessary, based on the principle of measurement. However, it is necessary that the displayed data is current in the range of 1-3 seconds.

• Maybe the programmers don't have a bike. :-)

• I have received some data from a handful of users and appreciate their help! I also appreciate the offers from other users, and I may reach out to you for help as well. I kept the list shorter initially to avoid having a long list of users to check back in with as I did the first time. 

I understand that all of you who are experiencing lag with your grade values can reproduce this easily, but this is not happening on 100% of devices. My own 530, 830 and 1030 Plus devices are not seeing this and others internally are also not experiencing this issue. 

• I‘m wondering which debugging logs should help in this case.
    They should go out and test it. It‘s done in 20 minutes.
    Ridiculous!

I understand that you are able to consistently reproduce this issue, but these steps do not recreate it on all devices. I have responded to your DM and I appreciate your offer to send in information. 

• yea, I have noticed it as well. On my old 820 it was reliable and I could exactly see when my climp will end . On 1030 plus it is completely useless.

• I did a test again to show how big the delay is until the barometric altitude display on the Edge 1030 PLUS reacts.
    To do this, I used IQ Data Field HM's DIY to create an Elevation Graph recording layout.
    Then I put the Edge on the ground floor, waited for the elevation reading to settle. Then I started the data field and went up the stairs to the top floor. There I placed the device on a table.
    The duration of the climb was about 10 seconds.
    The Edge was already on top on the table when after another 10 seconds the elevation display rose.
    This resulted in a delay of about 20 seconds.

A test on the iPhone with the phyphox app shows that this can be done much better with mobile devices.
    As you can see on the screenshot of the iPhone, the barometric altitude change reacts immediately.

This is now only the delay of the barometric altitude display.
    For the gradient display, another delay is added.

• You should get at least a 90% discount on the purchase of the future Edge 1040, because you work instead of Garmin developers.