This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1030 + gradient issue

My new 1030 plus is a replacement for 810.

the gradient is so slow the climb is half over before it is correct. Speed display jumps all over the place. Strava routes are nearly impossible to load.

I had them last week, but they have now disappeared. Is this really the best that Garmin can do?

what a rubbish device.

• Just wanted to say that I a sent file to Garmin-Blake through a pm and was promptly ignored. At this point i'm 100% certain this isn't fixable and garmin is being quiet because they know they can't fix it but are not willing to admit that their hw is faulty.

• It is necessary to ride such steep hills that one does not have time to watch the display.

• Honestly what I have more of a problem with rather than the real time gradient on the display is with the delay in the altitude graph on the .fit file, which I'm assuming is the reason why the gradient is lagging behind as well. Here is one such example from today's ride, blue shows where the climb is actually located and the red shows where the climb is located based on the altitude data.

• I also remember a time when I would be paralyzed by such an imperfection of an expensive device. Today I am glad to find time to cover my 8000km per year. However, as an independent software developer, I do not understand the lax approach of GARMIN developers.

• Another log sent to Garmin Blake but zero response

• It is now 4 months and I can assure you this issue still exists. I want to know the gradient while I’m climbing, not after the fact. This is quite an annoyance and a disappointment with this new top of the line device.

• I'm sure the wind hears us all peeing because Garmin certainly does not. We are all wishing for Wahoo or someone to do this really well. And when it happens the door will certainly hit Garmin in the butt. Nothing is forever and tech is less forever than most.

• I want to know the gradient while I’m climbing, not after the fact.

Specifically, how much lag are you seeing on climbs in terms of time? Based on the information being provided by some users, we are looking into whether or not these devices are behaving as expected. 

• Based on the information being provided by some users, we are looking into whether or not these devices are behaving as expected. 

are you *seriously* saying altitude lags behind by 10s or so, *by design*? Really, Garmin-Blake!?

Looks like the only thing I can do is actively start advising against buying any garmin device to anyone that will listen, I don't think i'm buying another garmin device in the future which is a shame because i love my fenix 6x. It's pretty clear you guys are either actively trying to bury this issue or are incapable of fixing it. I don't know which is worse.

• Agree- they are either incompetent or they know the issue is unfixable and don't want to admit it.  

I shall be writing to the company secretary of Garmin UK to formally complain.  I am also going to raise the issue with trading  standards as Garmin are clearly mis-selling their product..

I have put a review on Wiggle advising against purchasing the1039 plus.

We all need to act